Getting Started with Blackboard
Blackboard is a suite of learning tools which provides instructors a means to reach and gauge their students in a number of ways.
Content Areas – Add your syllabus, course documents such as readings, handouts, weblinks, and other materials.
- Using Blackboard for the first time? Here's how to navigate your Blackboard course (website and video)
- How upload files to Blackboard and share it with your students
- Complete Guide to Adding Content to your course
Course Tools – Find tools such as announcements, discussion boards, Collaborate Ultra, and email to communicate with your students. Or, create assignments, online tests, and surveys to assess student learning. To learn more about these tools, visit the Instructional Design Tools page.
Grade Center – Manage student grades. To learn more about grade center, visit the Instructional Design Tools page.
Evaluation – View course statistics from tracking reports. To learn more about evaluation, visit the Instructional Design Tools page.
Viewing and Adding Course Content
- Common Questions & Overview (website and video)
- Submit Assignment (website and video)
- Check if Assignment was submitted
- Supported File Types
- Resubmitting assignment
- Viewing Assignment Grades (website and video)
- Overview (website and video)
- Tips for taking Exam
- Taking Exam
- Understanding Exam Presentation Options
- Viewing Exam Results (grades)
- Respondus Lockdown Browser (If enabled by your instructor in Bb)
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra or Zoom