MESSAGE FROM UNIVERSITY ADVANCEMENT
“Bad times, hard times, this is what people keep saying; but let us live well, and times shall be good. We are the times: Such as we are, such are the times.” -St. Augustine
In these challenging and yes, hard times, we hope the strength and unity of the global Villanova community is bringing you an added measure of comfort and support. Our shared bonds and commitment to one another will only strengthen who we are, and to paraphrase Augustine, “who we are yet to become.”
Please know we are thinking about each of you and taking every step to ensure the safety of our community and the stability of our beloved institution. If you have not done so already, you can read about these efforts in the latest message from Father Peter.
Here are important updates on several University Advancement topics:
- We have made the difficult decision to cancel or postpone all campus events for the remainder of the semester, including Reunion.
- As we explore potential alternatives for Reunion, the Office of Alumni Relations will be in touch directly with those who celebrate milestone reunions this year. We are committed to working with our reunion class volunteers to provide an avenue and timeframe to celebrate this signature event.
- We are also cancelling all in-person Advancement and University-sponsored alumni events for the rest of this semester. Please note that refunds will be issued as appropriate and in as timely a manner as possible. We thank you in advance for your patience.
Virtual Engagement Opportunities
- In this uncertain time, many of us are seeking ways to connect with each other, lift one another up and maintain a sense of normalcy in our day-to-day routines. We are pleased to continue to offer Online Career Coaching and Career Strategies webinars for our alumni.
- For Online Career Coaching, please contact Sheila Doherty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our Career Series for Experienced Villanovans webinar series, offering a deep dive into successful strategies for each stage of the job-seeking process, will be held at 12 p.m. EDT via Zoom as follows:
- The Office of Alumni Relations will be providing additional virtual engagement opportunities through Facebook and the Nova Network.
Support for Students
- Many of you have reached out seeking ways to help our students during this crisis, and for that we are incredibly grateful, and find ourselves once again inspired by the caring, mission-driven community that is Villanova. If you would like to have an immediate impact on our students, please make a gift and select the area you would like to support:
- The Student Emergency Fund: Your gift will provide support to students for living expenses, technology for online learning and other necessities.
- Tutoring and Learning Support Services: Your gift will allow Villanova's various academic support centers to continue to deliver the services our students need to complete their courses and learning activities online.
- Career and Professional Development Services: Your gift will help the Career Center team expand its availability to provide virtual appointments to our students even though they are off-campus.
- Many of you have been kind enough to conduct Zoom/Skype meetings with members of our University Advancement team to stay updated and engaged, and we are grateful for your continued interest in philanthropically supporting Villanova. If you are interested in such an opportunity, please contact Colleen Tormey, Assistant Director, University Advancement at email@example.com.
- In his March 16 message to the community, Father Peter referred to the Lenten Season as our time to be called into the desert to reflect on our relationship with God and one another. As we journey through Lent and prepare for Easter, we encourage you to lean on Villanova for spiritual nourishment.
- In partnership with the Office for Mission and Ministry, we welcome prayer requests so that you and your loved ones may share in the support of the Villanova community. To submit a prayer request, please visit alumni.villanova.edu.
- If you would like to receive Mission and Ministry’s Lenten Reflections, please sign up here.
- We also invite the Villanova community to connect and engage through live streaming of the daily and Sunday Masses offered by the Augustinians at St. Thomas of Villanova parish.
I look forward to remaining in touch as we carefully and thoughtfully monitor the circumstances facing our community and, indeed, the world. As always, I remain inspired by your passion for and loyalty to Villanova. Live well!
Michael J. O’Neill, P ’22 ’24
Senior Vice President, University Advancement
It all starts here.
Villanova holds a special place in the hearts and minds of hundreds of thousands of students, alumni, parents and friends. Once you walk onto campus, a shared common goal unites us to further the growth and prosperity of the University—its academic and athletics programs—and to secure Villanova’s future for generations to come.
Through integrated efforts, the Office of University Advancement engages and connects with the worldwide Nova Nation, creating opportunities for Villanovans to give their time, talent and support to the University.
Our knowledgeable, experienced University Advancement team builds partnerships, cultivates relationships and provides personalized service in every area of giving, with a donor-centered approach to the stewardship of gifts.
As a team, we stand committed to strengthening our Villanova community—one that extends well beyond our campus and stretches across the globe. Join us!
THE POWER OF THE NOVA NATION
NETWORK WITH VILLANOVANS
LEARN ABOUT OUR TEAM
EXPLORE OUR FUNDING PRIORITIES
U.S. NEWS & WORLD REPORT (2019)
DONORS ON 1842 DAY,
OUR ANNUAL DAY OF GIVING
OF THE CLASS OF 2018
MADE THEIR SENIOR CLASS GIFT
CONSECUTIVE YEARS OF $100M+
IN GIFTS AND PLEDGES