BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
We want to make your Orientation experience as smooth as possible when you come to campus. Be sure to read through our New Student checklist before your Villanova journey begins.
We can’t wait to welcome the Class of 2025 to Villanova! Please preview use our checklist to help plan ahead of New Student Orientation. Many of the items can be completed in advance; some are required, while others are encouraged.
- Complete the Academic Integrity Tutorial. REQUIRED
- Sign the Academic Integrity Pledge. REQUIRED
- Know important campus dates by reviewing the academic calendar.
- Read the Glossary of Academic Terms to familiarize yourself with the academic offices and terms you may hear at Villanova.
CAMPUS RESOURCES AND SERVICES
- Upload a photo for your Villanova Student ID card (Wildcard) REQUIRED, July 10
- Sign up for Nova Alert. Nova Alert delivers important emergency alerts, notifications and updates to any mobile device or email you choose to register. Students may also add devices for parents or family members wishing to receive Nova Alerts. REQUIRED
- Check your Villanova email regularly. Important information about housing, financial aid and summer deadlines are sent to your Villanova email over the summer. REQUIRED
- All packages mailed to campus must arrive between Aug. 1 and Aug. 10 to be delivered to a storage location near your residence hall during move-In. MAIL DATES SCHEDULE TO CHANGE
- Download our Villanova-approved mobile apps including Nova Now, SAVUR and Nova Safe.
- Open a Nova Bucks account. This restricted spending account allows you to enjoy the convenience of purchasing power all across campus, and includes a 5% discount at the bookstore and in select off-campus locations.
FINANCIAL AID AND BILLING
- Review payment collection cost information on MyNova.
- Review bursar and billing information for your account.
- Complete the tuition refund and direct deposit form to allow the University to electronically send a tuition account refund directly to your bank account.
- Complete the borrower authorization form, if requested by the Office of Financial Assistance.
STUDENT HEALTH CENTER
- Complete and submit your Student Health Record. REQUIRED, July 1
- Enroll in or opt out of health insurance coverage offered through United Healthcare. Villanova automatically enrolls and bills undergraduate students for coverage unless the student waives coverage online. Health insurance is mandatory for all undergraduate students. REQUIRED, September 13
ORIENTATION AND STUDENT LIFE
- Select a size for your Nova Nation Fan shirt. REQUIRED, August 1
- Complete the AlcoholEdu online course. Instructions will be emailed to your Villanova email in mid-July, and the assessment must be completed before you arrive on campus. REQUIRED
- Take the CliftonStrengths assessment. The CliftonStrengths assessment—rooted in psychological theory, literature and research—identifies an individuals’ top 5 Signature Themes from Gallup’s developed list of 34 most common talents. Instructions will be sent in July and we will use the results during a session at Orientation. REQUIRED, August 18
- Take the Tour and Explore survey to learn about the organizations that interest you and plan to visit them at the Student Involvement Fair this fall.
- Download the Nova Guides app, powered by Guidebook, to access the most up-to-date information about Orientation including schedules, maps and much more. REQUIRED - MORE DETAILS IN LATE JULY
- Review the Orientation Schedule before your arrival on campus. SCHEDULE FORTHCOMING
- Read the weekly VU101 email to stay up to date on information about starting your first year at Villanova.
- Attend a Wildcat Welcome. These events are held by Villanova community members across the country to help incoming students connect with other Villanovans in their geographic area.
- Complete the Housing Contract found on the Housing and Dining website. REQUIRED, June 3
- As part of the housing contract, you can register for Communitas, our learning communities, by selecting a theme to live in community on South Campus with other students who also choose Communitas.
- Sign up for your meal plan. First-year students living on campus must select a plan from Tier 1. Those who do not select a plan during the online registration period will be placed in the Any Time 7-Day plan. REQUIRED, June 28
- MicroFridge rentals are available this year directly from Campus Specialties, Inc. The MicroFridge comes complete with a microwave, freezer and refrigerator. Please note that only one MicroFridge or refrigerator/microwave is permitted per room.
- Discuss with your family if you would like to complete the Student Consent to Disclosure of Educational Records form to grant your parent or guardian access to your educational records.
Our mobile apps and publications will help lead you and your family through the Orientation experience and beyond. Download today!