The Bursar's Office serves students and families by providing convenient options for payments and refunds as well as handling all questions related to student accounts and tuition/fee information.
Access your V-bill through myNova and pay your student bill online. Access a parent account.
Pay student account charges electronically.
- In Office
Payment by check is accepted in the Bursar's Office. Please be sure to include the student's Villanova number on the check. Our mailing address is: Villanova University Bursar's Office 800 Lancaster Ave Villanova, PA 19085
- Please note: The Bursar’s Office does not accept cash payments in excess of $1,000.00.
Payment plans are available for the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters.
Frequently we are asked about payment arrangements either in addition to or instead of the financial aid options. Through our experience, we have found that many students find it convenient to pay for college expenses through a monthly payment plan, which we offer exclusively through NelNet.
NelNet is a company that works with many colleges and universities to offer monthly payment options to students instead of paying in one lump sum.
Payments are made through an automatic monthly withdrawal from a bank account or credit card. The plan is term based and enables you to pay for all or part of your charges for a $40 enrollment fee.
To learn more please visit NelNet. You can also contact NelNet customer service at 1-800-609-8056. The hours of operation are Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. and Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
2022 1098-T Forms are now Available
Access your 2022 1098-T form.
If you did not access your form electronically, a form was mailed to you at the end of January 2023.
Health insurance is mandatory for all undergraduate matriculated students, international students and law school students. Please visit the Student Health Insurance Information and Requirements webpage for more information.
Tuition reversals as a result of official withdrawal will be made according to the following Tuition Reversal Schedule.
Students have various options for receipt of direct payments from the University (credit balance refunds).
- E-Refund: Credit balance refunds can be electronically deposited in the bank account of the student’s choice, including:
- A financial account belonging to the student. (NOTE: Students are not required to open or obtain a financial account or access device offered by or through a specific financial institution in order to receive these payments.)
- Another financial account (such as an account belonging to a parent or guardian).
- Explore e-Refund Frequently Asked Questions.
- Wildcard: Students who would like to have credit balance refunds deposited to their Wildcard must request this action in person in the Bursar’s Office in Kennedy Hall.
- Check (NOTE: If the student does not make an affirmative selection, a check will be issued in the student’s name and mailed to the permanent home address on file.)
Students may change their previously selected payment option by providing written notice of the change within a reasonable time.
For spouses and dependent children of employees who were employed by Villanova on or after August 30, 1999 tuition remission is subject to a co-payment. Please check details on remission rates and the co-payment amount (requires VU Account).
Details regarding the tuition remission benefit are posted on the Human Resources website.