FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
PARENT PROXY ACCESS AND NOVA ALERTS
Villanova Parent Proxy Access provides students with the ability to grant permission to their parents or guardians to view certain pages of information currently available in their student myNova account. The student manages the creation of a proxy and the pages they can view.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of the Registrar.
The most likely cause is that your student needs to go to their "Authorization" tab in Parent Proxy and click the box next to the page they want displayed in your account.
The unique identifier for each proxy is an email address. An email address can only be associated with one person.
You can easily change your PIN by clicking Parent Proxy Login and selecting the “Forgot Pin” icon. An email will be sent with a temporary link and a temporary PIN. You will use your temporary PIN as the “old PIN” in the PIN reset process.
NOVA Alert delivers important emergency alerts, notifications and updates to any mobile device or email you choose to register. When an incident or emergency occurs (including weather updates), authorized senders will notify you using NOVA Alert. To register a parent's device for NOVA Alerts, have your child follow these simple steps:
1. Go to MyNova and login
2. Go to Novasis, click on Personal Information
3. Click on the Nova Alert sign-up section and click "Add An Alert Device and Email."
There are several meal plan options for our resident and commuter students. It's best to talk with your child about their expectations for meals to then select the best plan that fits their lifestyle. If your child is living in an apartment and has plans to grocery shop and cook with an occasional lunch in a dining hall, you would make a much different selection than one who doesn't have a kitchen and prefers many options at each meal. Information about available meal plans and deadlines for selecting the right plan for you, can be found on the Dining website.
The Office of the Bursar will send the student an email introducing students to the electronic billing system called V-bill, which will show their deposit listed.
In mid-July, the student will receive an email on how to access the bill as well as how to give access to a parent to receive future billing information. Instructions on how to give a parent access to the student’s bill can be found on the Office of the Bursar website.
Navigate to our Visit Villanova page for additional information. The Student Government Association (SGA) also offers shuttle service during some of the breaks and the Off-Campus Living website also has helpful transportation options. SGA airport shuttle service is generally advertised in the Wildcat Newswire about two weeks prior to break.
Villanova offers a variety of options to help students cope with stress during exams. Our Health Services—Student Health Center, University Counseling Center and Office of Health Promotion—offer year-round programming to assist in overall student health and well-being.
If you're looking to send a pick-me-up, order a Survival Kit from Music Activities! On Reading Day each semester (the day before finals) Music Activities will deliver a package of goodies directly to your child’s residence hall to help them make it through the stressful week.
There are several ways to wish your Villanova student a Happy Birthday:
- A Birthday Cake: The Office of Music Activities sells birthday cakes that can be delivered right to your student's residence hall. For more information, contact the Office of Music Activities at 610-519-7214 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place your orders 2-3 weeks in advance.
- Cookies: Another option that is very popular with Villanova students is a specialty tin of cookies from Hope's Cookies in Rosemont. Insomnia Cookies is also local and delivers to campus.
- Balloons: Balloons are fun and most of the florists listed below sell balloon "bouquets" and can deliver directly to the University.
- Villanova apparel and accessories: At the Villanova Bookstore, you can purchase everything from VU apparel and accessories to gift certificates. Shop online!
Villanova has numerous resources to assist your child during their time at the University. Below are selected departments that are frequently visited by family members.