The College of Engineering offers a full-time academic program leading to a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering degree in 4 years. A student may also able to obtain a Bachelor and Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering in 5 years.
What is Mechanical Engineering?
Mechanical engineering is one of the broadest of all the engineering disciplines and will prepare you for a wide variety of careers, including those in the aerospace, biomedical, energy and robotics fields. Spanning topics from nanomaterials to orbital dynamics, the study of mechanical engineering will put you on the leading edge of engineering science and design. Students can chose to specialize in a particular topical area of mechanical engineering, or explore all the department has to offer.
At Villanova University, mechanical engineering students enjoy small class sizes, practical, hands-on experiences, and the attention of professors who are fully committed to your success. You will take foundational courses in:
- Chemistry and/or Biology
- Engineering fundamentals
- Engineering analysis and design
Given Villanova University’s liberal arts framework and Augustinian Catholic tradition, special emphasis is also placed on:
- Oral and written communication skills
- Professional ethics
- A foundation in the social sciences and humanities
- The flexibility to pursue minors and study abroad opportunities
- Leadership skills developed through team projects, professional societies and clubs, and the College’s many service learning activities