5-YEAR BS/MS PROGRAM IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
Full-time undergraduate students with a minimum GPA of 3.25 have the option of applying for admission into the five-year combined Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering/Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering program.
Typical Five-Year Plan
- Earn a BS degree after four years of study and complete the 30-credit requirement for the MS degree with one additional year of work.
- Complete three graduate courses (9 credits) during the senior year, which will satisfy simultaneously their ME senior elective courses.
- It is required that students take a summer course (3 credits) immediately following their senior year.
- Students must take six courses during the fifth year, three courses per semester in each of the fall and spring semesters. A total of ten graduate courses should be completed by the end of the spring semester of the student's fifth year.
- A student accepted into the Five-Year BS/MS program is expected to finish the program without interruption.
- All graduate courses in this program must be taken at Villanova University.
Students interested in participating in the BS/MS program should contact the Department of Mechanical Engineering Graduate Program Advisor, Dr. Qianhong Wu (firstname.lastname@example.org) as early as possible during their undergraduate studies.
Students formally apply to the BS/MS program in the spring semester of their junior year, no later than the end of March. Application decisions are made on a rolling basis and will be announced no later than the end of May of a student’s junior year assuming timely submission of the application.
Five-Year BS/MS Program Curriculum
Two approved 3-credit graduate courses.
Three approved 3-credit graduate courses. For students choosing to do a thesis, one of the three courses is ME 9031 - Thesis Research I".
2nd SemesterThree approved 3-credit graduate courses. For students choosing to do a thesis, one of the three courses is ME 9032 - Thesis Research II".
Note: Students can take more than three graduate classes. The extra graduate classes cannot be counted towards their graduate degree if they are counted towards their undergraduate degree.