TaxNotes.com offers access to Tax Notes Today, a daily online source for coverage of federal tax news and analysis. Users can sign up for email alerts for a variety of newsletters or create their own customized saved search alerts. Note that as of June 30, 2018, Tax Notes will no longer be available on Lexis Advance.
Register for an Account: students and faculty must first create an account on-campus (or if unable to come to campus, email email@example.com to have one created for you remotely)
Directions for creating account:
1) Please go to www.taxnotes.com, and click SIGN IN at the top left.
2) In the username field, please enter your law school e-mail address. Click Next.
3) On the next screen, please click on the blue “Register Here” link.
4) You’ll be taken to a Profile page. Enter your name and law school e-mail address.
5) Choose a password and enter it.
6) When you’ve finished the Profile, click SAVE CHANGES.
7) You’ll go to the Tax Notes webpage, where you can sign in with your username (your lawschool e-mail address) and the password you chose.