WAYS TO GIVE
Thank you for considering a gift to Villanova Law. There are numerous ways that you can support the Law School.
No matter how you choose to invest, you will be part of a group of committed donors who are helping to create transformational experiences for Villanova Law students today and tomorrow.
As part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act passed in March 2020, cash contributions to qualified nonprofits such as Villanova can be deducted up to 100% of your adjusted gross income for the 2021 calendar year. This allows taxpayers filing single/separately who take the standard deduction to make up to $300 of charitable contributions to qualified nonprofits this year, and taxpayers filing jointly to make up to $600 in contributions. To qualify, you must make your gift before December 31, 2021.
Ways to Give by
December 31, 2021
- 2021 credit card gifts can be made online until 11:59 p.m. EST on Friday, December 31, 2021. The transaction must be successfully completed to count for 2021.
- Tax receipts are sent immediately by email following a successful transaction. Please retain this email for your tax purposes.
- Please go online to make credit card gifts; do not send credit card information through email.
- Call us at 1-800-486-5244 to make a gift using your credit card.
- The University will be closed beginning Thursday, December 23 and will reopen on Wednesday, January 5, 2022.
- Staff will be available by phone Tuesday, December 28 through Friday, December 31, 2021, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. EST.
- Credit card information should not be left on voicemail.
Please send gifts to the following address:
University Advancement - Law
Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law
800 E. Lancaster Avenue
Villanova, PA 19085
- Checks sent through mail must be postmarked by December 31, 2021 to be processed for calendar year 2021.
- Credit card gifts received in the mail after 12 p.m. EST on Friday, December 31, 2021 will not be processed until January 2022 and will receive a calendar year 2022 tax receipt.
- We encourage you to mail your gift by December 15, 2021 to ensure receipt by the University before December 31, 2021.
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions made by their employees. If your company is eligible, request a matching gift form from your employer, and return it completed and signed with your gift.
GIFTS OF STOCKS, BONDS AND MUTUAL FUNDS
- Transfers must be received in Villanova’s account on or before Friday, December 31, 2021. Check with your personal broker for their institutional deadlines required to complete a transaction. Some brokers can require up to 10 days notice for a transfer.
- Please notify Leonard Macon via email prior to the transfer.