VSB PEER TUTORS
VSB Peer Tutors support the academic success of their undergraduate classmates by providing one-on-one tutoring appointments throughout the semester. The role of the VSB Peer tutor is to facilitate the student’s independent learning process through a collaborative partnership that focuses on increased understanding of course content and exploration of successful strategies in approaching the material. The VSB Peer Tutor Program is a free service open to all VSB undergraduate students.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
Individual tutoring appointments are available for the select VSB courses listed below. Students enrolled in these courses may schedule up to, but no more than 2 hours per week of tutoring for each course. VSB tutoring services will be operating in a hybrid format in the Fall 2022 semester – students will be able to schedule online or in-person appointments. For online appointments, you can expect your tutoring session to be conducted on a virtual platform such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, GoBoard, etc. Please follow the steps below to schedule a 30- or 60-minute appointment with a VSB tutor:
- Access WCOnline and create an account to log in
- Please select the appropriate schedule under “Available Schedules:"
- "VSB 1000 Peer Tutors” for VSB 1000 Information Technology (online only) – only appointments available in 20-minute increments
- “VSB Peer Tutors” for all other VSB courses listed below – appointments available in 30- or 60-minutes increments
- Select the course for which you need tutoring in the “Limit To” drop-down box. This is a critical step in the scheduling process. Please know that if you do not complete this step, you risk scheduling with a tutor who does not cover the course you need. As a result, your appointment may be canceled on short notice with limited rescheduling options.
- You will see the tutors for that course and their available meeting modalities (online or in-person). Select the open box(es) of time (in white) to schedule your appointment; each box represents 30-minutes.
- Before scheduling an in-person tutoring session, please be sure to review the university’s guidance on mask-wearing.
- Select VSB tutors are available to conduct tutoring sessions in languages other than English (Spanish, Vietnamese, etc.). You will see those languages listed next to the tutor’s name on the WCOnline schedule. At this time, this is available for select VSB courses only.
- Once scheduled, you will receive an email confirmation with further information regarding your meeting.
- If you scheduled a virtual meeting, your tutor will reach out to you with the meeting link via email or in the “What would you like to work on?” section of your appointment sign-up form; find this by clicking the box representing your appointment on the VSB schedule.
- Before your appointment, please review the “Quick Tips for a Successful Tutoring Experience” section below.
All VSB tutoring services will be available Tuesday, September 6 and Monday, December 12 (last day of class). Tutoring appointments are not available during Finals Week.
LIST OF THE COURSES TUTORED BY VSB PEER TUTOR PROGRAM:
- VSB 1000 Information Technology
- ACC 2310 Intermediate Accounting I
- ACC 2320 Intermediate Accounting II
- VSB 2004 Financial Accounting
- Additional tutoring is available via tutor office hours: every Sunday at 3-6 p.m. in Bartley 2010 (with the exception of school breaks). Drop in for on-demand assistance.
- VSB 2008 Business Analytics
- VSB 2009 Principles of Finance
- VSB 3006 Principles of Managerial Accounting
- ECO 1001 Introduction to Microeconomics
- ECO 1002 Introduction to Macroeconomics
Meet Our Tutors
VSB tutors are sophomore, junior and senior VSB students who are committed to promoting the success of their peers. The role of the peer tutor is to support the independent learning process of the student, as well as foster belongingness and inclusion by creating a safe space to learn and ask questions. These tutors are high achieving student leaders who have been recommended by their professor.
OTHER TUTORING FOR VSB STUDENTS:
- The Gmelich Lab for Financial Markets: R and Python Programming – inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Math Learning Resource Center: first-year, sophomore-level, and select upper-level math courses
- The Learners’ Studio: select arts and science courses
- The Writing Center: assistance with any stage of writing process
- The Center for Speaking & Presentation: assistance with formal presentations and public speaking
QUICK TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL TUTORING EXPERIENCE:
- Identify the specific content area for which you need assistance
- Work on the problems/assignments before the office hour or individual tutoring session
- Bring assignments, books, laptop and any other materials you will need
- Turn off your phone during the session
- Develop an action plan for goals to complete between tutoring sessions
For any questions about the WCOnline scheduling system, please contact the Tutor Coordinator at email@example.com.
VSB Peer Tutors are student leaders with excellent academic records and are invested in helping their peers. These tutors are recruited through a selective application process and go through comprehensive, bi-annual training. Students who work with VSB Peer Tutors report improvement in their preparedness, comprehension and confidence as they approach their coursework.
The Clay Center offers comprehensive information to help you know what is needed to pursue your degree at VSB.
AP and IB Credits for Class of 2026
AP and IB Credits for Class of 2025
AP and IB Credits for Class of 2024
AP and IB Credits for Class of 2023
Access the Syllabus Archive Database
VSB Undergraduate Handbook