Villanova Writing Center
The Villanova Writing Center provides a comfortable atmosphere for your one-to-one session with a qualified tutor. Bring your paper, assignment, and an open mind and we'll do our best to help you improve your writing.
What We Do
- Aid students in a collaborative effort of creating their "ideal texts" and producing their best quality work.
- We are NOT a "fix-it shop" and seek to "produce better writers, not better texts."
- We encourage multiple, independent visits for all types of students, in all stages of their writing.
- We cater to individual student needs and rely on the effective relationship of peer tutoring. All are welcome.
- Wednesday, Sept. 13—Brainstorming
- Wednesday, Sept. 20—The Debatable Thesis
- Monday, Sept. 25—The Importance of Conclusions
- Wednesday, Oct. 4—Integrating Quotations
- Wednesday, Oct. 18—Pesky Punctuation
- Wednesday, Oct. 25—What's A Good Word?
- Wednesday, Nov. 1—The Five Fatal Errors of Introduction
- Wednesday, Nov. 8—Transitions
- Wednesday, Nov. 15—APA Style
- Wednesday, Nov. 29—Who’s Afraid of the MLA?
All workshops are at 7:30 p.m. in 210 Falvey Library, The Writing Center. Students receive a certificate of attendance and a handout for future reference.
Writing Center appointments are scheduled for 50 minutes. For lengthy papers (generally over ten pages), we suggest you schedule a block of 2 sessions for your appointment.
The Writing Center is located in 210 Falvey Library. Our hours of operation for the Fall 2022 semester are:
- Monday-Thursday: 11:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Friday: 11:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Sunday: 3:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Appointments can be made online, in person (210 Falvey Library) or by phone (610-519-4604). When making an appointment by phone, please provide the receptionist with your name, the name of the class, and the professor's name.