Villanova Writing Center
The Villanova Writing Center provides a comfortable atmosphere for your one-to-one session with a qualified tutor. Bring your paper, assignment, and an open mind and we'll do our best to help you improve your writing.
What We Do
- Aid students in a collaborative effort of creating their "ideal texts" and producing their best quality work.
- We are NOT a "fix-it shop" and seek to "produce better writers, not better texts."
- We encourage multiple, independent visits for all types of students, in all stages of their writing.
- We cater to individual student needs and rely on the effective relationship of peer tutoring. All are welcome.
- Tuesday, Feb. 8—Trim the Fat: Making Your Writing More Concise
- Monday, Feb. 21— Overcoming Writing Anxiety
- Tuesday, Mar. 8— Who’s Afraid of the MLA?
- Tuesday, Mar. 22—The Art of Revision
- Thursday, Apr. 7—Building Counter Arguments
All workshops are at 7:30 p.m. in 210 Falvey Library, The Writing Center. Students receive a certificate of attendance and a handout for future reference.
Writing Center appointments are scheduled for 50 minutes. For lengthy papers (generally over ten pages), we suggest you schedule a block of 2 sessions for your appointment.
The Writing Center is located in 210 Falvey Library. Our hours of operation for the Spring 2021 semester are:
- Monday-Thursday: 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (in-person & online tutoring available); 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. (online tutoring available)
- Friday: 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (in-person & online tutoring available)
- Sunday: 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (online tutoring available)
Appointments can be made online, in person (210 Falvey Library) or by phone (610-519-4604). When making an appointment by phone, please provide the receptionist with your name, the name of the class, and the professor's name.