Villanova Writing Center
The Villanova Writing Center provides a comfortable atmosphere for your one-to-one session with a qualified tutor. Bring your paper, assignment, and an open mind and we'll do our best to help you improve your writing.
What We Do
- Aid students in a collaborative effort of creating their "ideal texts" and producing their best quality work.
- We are NOT a "fix-it shop" and seek to "produce better writers, not better texts."
- We encourage multiple, independent visits for all types of students, in all stages of their writing.
- We cater to individual student needs and rely on the effective relationship of peer tutoring. All are welcome.
Writing Center appointments are scheduled for 50 minutes. For lengthy papers (generally over ten pages), we suggest you schedule a block of 2 sessions for your appointment.
The Writing Center is located in 210 Falvey Library. Our hours of operation are:
- Monday-Thursday: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. (in person & online tutoring available); 4 to 8 p.m. (online tutoring available)
- Friday: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. (in person & online tutoring available)
- Sunday: 3 to 7 p.m. (online tutoring available)
Appointments can be made online, in person (210 Falvey Library) or by phone (610-519-4604). When making an appointment by phone, please provide the receptionist with your name, the name of the class, and the professor's name.