New York Times Best-Selling Author Benjamin Dreyer to Speak on Campus
Villanova students, faculty, and staff are invited to a reading by and enlightening conversation with Benjamin Dreyer, Vice President, Executive Managing Editor and Copy Chief, of Random House on Wednesday, October 23 at 7 p.m. in the Connelly Cinema. Read more.
The Villanova Writing Center provides a comfortable atmosphere for your one-to-one session with a qualified tutor. Bring your paper, assignment, and an open mind and we'll do our best to help you improve your writing.
What We Do
- Aid students in a collaborative effort of creating their "ideal texts" and producing their best quality work.
- We are NOT a "fix-it shop" and seek to "produce better writers, not better texts."
- We encourage multiple, independent visits for all types of students, in all stages of their writing.
- We cater to individual student needs and rely on the effective relationship of peer tutoring. All are welcome.
Writing Center appointments are scheduled for 50 minutes. For lengthy papers (generally over ten pages), we suggest you schedule a block of 2 sessions for your appointment.
The Writing Center is located in 210 Falvey Library. Our hours of operation are:
- Sunday: 3:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Monday through Thursday: 11:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Friday: 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Saturday: Closed
Appointments can be made online, in person (210 Falvey Library) or by phone (610-519-4604). When making an appointment by phone, please provide the receptionist with your name, the name of the class, and the professor's name.
All workshops begin at 7:30 p.m. in the Writing Center (210 Falvey Library). Students receive a certificate of attendance and a handout for future reference.