The Villanova Environmental Law Journal is a national legal publication dedicated to the scholarly review of environmentally related topics. The Environmental Law Journal is published two times per year in the Winter and the Summer by a staff of student editors and writers who have been invited to join the Environmental Law Journal based on their performance in an open-writing competition.
The Villanova Environmental Law Journal seeks to publish material representing meritorious viewpoints on subjects of interest to the legal community. Publication does not indicate that the views expressed are adopted by the Journal.
As a matter of policy, the Journal encourages and promotes the use of gender-neutral writing.
Citations conform to A Uniform System of Citation (21st ed.), copyright by the Columbia, Harvard, and University of Pennsylvania Law Reviews, and the Yale Law Journal.
The Journal is printed on 50-70% recycled paper.
The Villanova Environmental Law Journal (ISSN-1049-2631) is published two times per year in the Winter and the Summer by the Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law at Villanova, Pennsylvania 19085. Annual subscriptions are $25.00 (domestic) and $28.00 (foreign). To subscribe to the journal, please contact the staff at email@example.com or write to us at the mailing address found on the contact page. Address requests for back volumes or issues to: William S. Hein & Co., Inc. 1285 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14209.
Unless notice to the contrary is received at the editorial office, it is assumed that a renewal of the subscription is desired. One month's notice is necessary to effect a change of address or cancellation.
Authors interested in submitting manuscripts of articles for publication should contact the Villanova Environmental Law Journal at the earliest possible date. The ELJ accepts manuscripts year-round. There is no formal deadline for publication in a given issue, but decisions for the Winter issue are generally made by early August; and for the Spring issue by late December. Generally, the Journal publishes two outside articles per issue.
Manuscripts should be double spaced with a minimum of 150 endnotes/footnotes. Articles must be based on an environmentally related topic, ideally involving a legal issue that has surfaced within the past year. Authors must submit a resume or CV along with their article. Please submit manuscripts through Scholastica or the journal’s email.
This links index contains pages filled with links to environmental law-related resources available on the Internet including Environmental Links, and Environmental Law Journals. See the Internet Legal Research Compass pages for more general Legal Internet Resources.
- FindLaw Environmental Index
- U.S. EPA Office of Environmental & Compliance Assurance (OECA)
- U.S. EPA Environmental Appeals Board (EAB)
- PA Rep. Greg Vitali: House District 166 (Delaware County)
- Greenpeace International
- Sierra Club
- Agency for Toxic Substance and Disease Registry
- National Weather Service Forecast
- P.A. Department of Environmental Protection
- Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control
- United Nations Environment Program
Environmental Law Journals
- Buffalo Environmental Law Journal - State University of New York
- Colorado Journal of International Environmental Law Policy - University of Colorado
- Duke Environmental Law and Policy Forum - Duke University
- Ecology Law Quarterly - Boalt Hall
- Environmental Law - Lewis & Clark (Abstracts)
- Environmental Law Journal - University of South Carolina
- Environmental Lawyer - George Washington University and the ABA (Abstracts)
- Environmental Law Journal - Touro College (Full Text)
- Georgetown International Environmental Law Review - Georgetown University (Abstracts)
- Harvard Environmental Law Review - Harvard Law School
- Hastings West-Northwest Journal of Environmental Law and Policy - University of California, Hastings
- Journal of Environmental Law - Oxford Press (Abstracts)
- Journal of Environmental Law and Litigation - University of Oregon
- Journal of Land Use and Environmental Law - Florida State University (Full Text)
- Journal of Natural Resources & Environmental Law - University of Kentucky
- Land and Water Law Review - University of Wyoming
- NYU Environmental Law Journal - New York University (Abstracts)
- Pace Interactive Earth Law Journal - Pace University
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Journal - University of South Carolina and the ABA (Abstracts)
- Restitution Law Review - University of Alberta
- RISK: Health, Safety & Environment - Franklin Pierce Law Center (Full Text)
- Tulane Environmental Law Journal - Tulane University
- UCLA Journal of Environmental Law and Policy - UCLA