Financial assistance and scholarship opportunities are available to Second Degree Accelerated BSN (BSNExpress) students. In order to be considered for any Second Degree Accelerated BSN Program Scholarship, applicants must:
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA in prerequisite courses.
- Complete a scholarship application via the portal by
- 10/15/2021 for the 14-Month BSNExpress Track
- 3/1/2022 for the 23-Month BSNFlex Track
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (https://www.fafsa.ed.gov) through the Office of Financial Assistance by November 1.
- All applicants will be notified by the end of February. Those who are scholarship recipients will see the scholarship reflected in the Financial Aid Package.
This prestigious scholarship is awarded to 20 students annually. Click here for details and application details.
The Helene Fuld Health Trust Scholarship
This scholarship supports academically qualified students who are accepted to the program and have documented financial need.
The Miss Irene Scholarship Fund
This scholarship is named in memory of the late Irene Deluca, wife of John DeLuca '52 CLAS, who died after spending “eight years, two months and 22 days” in a nursing home. Funding supports academically qualified students who are accepted to the program and have documented financial need. Preference for this scholarship is for individuals with an interest in gerontology or who have worked in a gerontologic setting prior to enrollment. Please include this information in your written statement.
The Dr. Paula Michaud Endowed Scholarship Fund
This Fund was established by Dr. Hank Simms in memory of his late wife, Dr. Paula Michaud, who served as a faculty member at the Fitzpatrick College of Nursing. Funding supports academically qualified students who are accepted to the program and have documented financial need.
Other Financial Assistance to Consider:
- Health Resources and Services Administration Scholarship
- Health Professional Scholarship Program (HPSP)
- AfterCollege/AACN $10,000 Scholarship Fund
Opportunity for Returning Peace Corps Volunteers (RPCV)
Learn more about the College of Nursing's position as a Peace Corps Paul D. Coverdell Fellow program site.