Joanne and William Conway Scholarship Program
Through the generosity of Joanne and William E. Conway, Jr., approximately 40 scholarships will be awarded over each of the next five years (until 2026) to Second Degree Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing students through the Joanne and William Conway Scholarship Program.
This prestigious scholarship program provides financial support to incoming students creating new pathways for those who already have a college degree to embark on a Nursing career. Mr. and Mrs. Conway have given millions of dollars to financially support nursing education and scholarship to address the nation’s nursing workforce shortage.
Conway scholars will be selected based on academic strength, demonstrated financial need and leadership within the community. Funds awarded through the Conway Scholarship may be used to help cover tuition and fees.
To be considered for the Conway Scholarship, applicants must:
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA in prerequisite courses
- Complete an Application to
- the 14-Month Second Degree BSN Express Track by December 15 through the portal
- the 23-Month Second Degree BSN Flex Track by April 1 through the portal
- Submit a written statement (300 words or less), as part of your application, explaining why you should be considered as a scholarship recipient (via the application portal)
- Have documented financial need and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (https://www.fafsa.ed.gov) through the Office of Financial Assistance by January 15
Conway Scholars are expected to participate in community service related to health care.
These service experiences are intended to encourage Conway Scholars to pursue a broader set of career paths and become leaders in addressing the needs of underserved communities.
Application Deadline for the Conway Scholarship Program:
- 14-Month Express Track scholarship applications are due December 15, 2023
- 23-Month Flex Track scholarship applications are due April 1, 2024
14-Month Second Degree BSN Express
- Early Deadline: September 1
- Final Deadline: November 1
23-Month Second Degree BSN Flex
- Deadline: April 1