Grad Center Community Building Programs and Events
The Grad Center hosts a variety of programs throughout the year to foster community building (and fun) amongst the graduate and law student body.
The Grad Center hosts an annual Conference and Event Planning Workshop to teach graduate and law students the ins and outs of academic event planning. A one-hour general session on event planning logistics is followed by breakout sessions for students interested in learning more about STEM or Humanities focused conferences and events.
Fall 2023 Date: TBD
During the last week of the Fall semester the Grad Center hosts a week of fun and relaxing activities to help Grad and Law students wind down before final exams and papers. Fall 2022 activities included:
- Chair Massages
- Board Game and Pizza Night
- Holiday Themed Working Wednesday
- Holiday Happy Hour with gingerbread houses and craft beer from local brewery
The Grad Center hosts Happy Hour every third friday of the month from 4-6 p.m. EST at Gullifty's (located just .2 miles east of campus on Lancaster avenue. We provide the appetizers and drink specials are available for our students. Build community with graduate and law students from across the University in this relaxed and fun setting.
The Grad Center is thrilled to celebrate the amazing graduate and law students at Villanova during Grad Student Appreciation Week. This year the Grad Center is celebrating April 24 - 28, 2023. See below for details:
- Mon., Apr. 24: Easter's Not Over Egg Hunt, Lunch, and Grad Student Appreciation Baskets. Location: St. Mary's Hall Courtyard (adjacent to Grad Center Office in St. Mary's Hall 109)
- Tues., Apr. 25: Lawn, Board Game, and Pizza Night
- Weds., Apr. 26:
- Thurs., Apr. 27:
- Fri., Apr. 28:
The Grad Center partners with Campus Ministry each semester to host a retreat for graduate and law students. All graduate student retreats are open to students of any or no faith background. Learn more about Campus Ministry and see all retreat offerings on the Campus Ministry website.
- Fall Retreat: Half-day program in early September focused on setting intention for the graduate student journey. This retreat passed. Fall 2023 Date TBD.
- Spring Retreat: This retreat offers the opportunity for an overnight together at a nearby retreat center, prayer/worship experiences at 2-3 different local faith communities, and dialogue with one another about questions of faith and meaning. This retreat passed. Spring 2024 date TBD.
- Advent Retreat: Celebrate the Advent season at this ecumenical Christian retreat held on campus during the workday. Meet with colleagues from across the University and share from your personal experiences and faith journey. This retreat passed. Fall 2023 date TBD.
- Lenten Retreat: "Less is more": this is both an apt approach to the Lenten season and an insight underlying our attempts to live more sustainability in an age of special concern for our planet. Please join us as we weave these two themes together for an "eco-spiritual" retreat open to participants of all spiritual and religious backgrounds. This retreat is taking place on Fri., Mar. 24 from 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. Register here.
Every Wednesday the Grad Center provides a quiet study space with all-day coffee, snacks, and community for graduate and law students. In the 2022-2023 academic year, Working Wednesdays is hosted in St. Mary's Hall, Room 110.