Top 5 things I did
· “I selected and trained a team of 20 Administrative Assistants (AAs) all of whom are undergraduate students at Villanova across all class years and majors and who are part of the Orientation Staff. AAs work hard behind the scenes to make sure all of the physical aspects of the program are in order. The AA's have many responsibilities within the program, including facilitating group discussions, interacting with different orientation groups, completing administrative tasks, preparing for and managing events, and answering questions at the Information Center.
· I organized and oversaw two major picnics during the program. One on Opening Day when we provide dinner for all of the new students and their families (about 6,000 people) and our closing New Student Picnic (about 2,000 people). I coordinated the setup and breakdown of the event, ordered food and beverages, staffed the event, and created a setup/schedule for food service.
· I was responsible for creating a university-wide Production Memo that included information and program needs from several offices on campus including Public Safety, Grounds, Villanova University Tech Crew, Electricians, Carpenters, Facilities, Painters, Athletics, and Custodial. This included everything from room reservations for program events and workshops to tech needs for Opening Mass on Campus Green.
· Each new student is provided with several giveaway items provided by campus departments or local businesses as a way to advertise your service or remind students of their role as a resource. I coordinated the donation, organization, and distribution of over 20 new student giveaways from various offices including reusable cups from the St. Thomas of Villanova Day or Service Committee, laptop stickers from the Office of Health Promotion, and bandage dispensers from Mainline Health!
· I worked with an off campus rental company to coordinate and plan the reservation, setup/breakdown, and utilization of the large tent on Austin Field where several of our program’s events were held in addition to the setup of over 5,000 chairs on Campus Green for our University Welcome and Opening Mass!”