In June 2016, Villanova’s College of Nursing faculty represented our nursing community proudly at the International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning (INACSL) conference which was held in Grapevine, Texas.
The INASCL conference provides the perfect setting to support research and distribute evidence-based practice standards for clinical simulation practices and advance the science of healthcare simulation.
Faculty members, Drs. Mary Ann Cantrell, Bette Mariani, and Jennifer Ross, along with Colleen Meakim, MSN, RN, CHSE who directs the College of Nursing's Simulation and Learning Resource Center, attended this year’s conference and offered their contribution to simulation enhanced education with poster and podium presentations.
Thie presentations included:
· Non-Nursing Students as Standardized Patients in a BSN Education Program (Poster Presentation) - Colleen Meakim, MSN, RN, CHSE
· It's All About That Bass NO Treble: Writing a Dynamic Research Abstract - Co-presenters: Mary Ann Cantrell, PhD, RN, FAAN, CNE and Bette Mariani, PhD, RN
· High-Fidelity Simulation in Undergraduate Nursing Education: A Review of Simulation Reviews (Podium Presentation) - Co-presenters: Jessica Doolen, PhD, APRN, CNE and Bette Mariani, PhD, RN with Co-authors: Teresa Atz, PhD, RN, Trisha Leann Horsley, PhD, RN, CHSE, CNE, Kelley McAfee, PhDc, MSN, RN
· Simulation Research Rubric: An Instrument to Rate the Quality of Simulation Research Manuscripts (Podium Presentation) - Co-presenters: Mary Fey, PhD, RN, CHSE, Donna Gloe, EdD, RN, and Bette Mariani, PhD, RN
· Improving Medication Safety Through Simulation (Podium Presentation) - Co-presenters: Bette Mariani, PhD, RN and Jennifer Ross, PhD, RN, CNE; with Co-author; Susan Paparella, MSN, RN
· Methodological Considerations in Simulation Research: Constructing Rigorous Investigations to Advance Practice - Co-presenters: Mary Ann Cantrell, PhD, RN, FAAN, CNE; Ashley Franklin PhD, RN, CCRN, CNE, CHSE; Gregory Gilbert, EdD, MSPH; Kim Leighton, PhD, RN, ANEF
Clinical Simulation in Nursing is the official journal of the INACSL, and just to emphasize Villanova’s dedication to enhancing the field of simulation education, Villanova is currently the TOP INSTITUTE in articles published as well as citations.