Future Business Law Professors Conference, 9/6
Presented by the John F. Scarpa Center for Law and Entrepreneurship
Friday, September 6
9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
The John F. Scarpa Center for Law and Entrepreneurship will host the “Future Business Law Professors Conference” on Friday, September 6. All visiting assistant professors, fellows, researchers, law clerks, practitioners and others who are considering entering the higher education academic teaching market in business law – including business associations, securities regulation, corporate finance, and business ethics – are invited to attend.
Participants will learn more about the business law teaching market, receive advice on how to be a successful candidate and meet future colleagues. Attendees will have the opportunity to participate in mock interviews and get a sneak-peak into the hiring process from current business law faculty. Some will be able to present their job talk paper to leaders in the field and receive feedback.
Appointments committee members from any law school potentially hiring in the business law field are also invited to attend.
A tentative list of participants include:
- Albert Choi (University of Michigan Law School)
- Arthur Laby (Rutgers University Law School)
- Tom Lin (Temple University, Beasley School of Law)
- Andrew Lund (Villanova University, Charles Widger School of Law)
- Jennifer O’Hare (Villanova University, Charles Widger School of Law)
- Peter Oh (University of Pittsburgh School of Law)
- Josephine Sandler Nelson (Villanova University, Charles Widger School of Law)
- Urska Velikonja (Georgetown University Law Center)
9 a.m.: Welcome remarks by Arthur J. Kania Dean Mark Alexander (Villanova) and Andrew Lund (Villanova)
9:20 a.m.: Panel Discussion on the Business Law teaching market
10:15 a.m.: Break
10:30 a.m.: Mock 20-minute interviews
11:45 a.m.: Break
12 p.m.: Lunch
1 p.m.: Job talk presentations and Q&A
3 p.m.: Reception