DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
Diversity, equity and inclusion are integral components of the teaching and learning experience and an essential element of the ongoing intellectual, social and spiritual development of every member of the Villanova community.
The College of Professional Studies' Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee is comprised of students, faculty, staff and alumni. As leaders in families, communities, businesses, government, non-profit organizations, and the military, you are uniquely positioned to contribute to lasting organizational and systemic change.
Responsibilities of the Committee
- Advise the CPS Dean on short-and long-term goals related to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Make recommendations to ensure that CPS policies and processes are inclusive, equitable, and promote the recruitment and retention of a diverse student body, faculty and staff
- Provide and promote diversity, equity and inclusion resources, including educational programming and training, to faculty, staff and students of CPS
- Collaborate with other Colleges and existing University offices to advocate for diversity, equity and inclusion
2020-2021 CPS Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee
CHAIR: Sasha Haddoun
- Elizabeth Remelius (CPS Staff)
- Corie Alicea (CPS Staff)
- Chris Katsapis (CPS Staff)
- Robyn Dooley (CPS Staff)
- Josefita Ojeda (CPS Student)
- Steve Sheridan (CPS Faculty)
- Steven DeSantis (CPS Student)
- Develop a mission statement for the committee
- Review “responsibilities” and make recommendation regarding final list
- Complete an audit of CPS to establish baseline data regarding diversity and inclusion
- Identify needs and areas of opportunity and concern related to diversity, equity, and inclusion in CPS.
- Develop 3-4 goals related to diversity, equity, and inclusion for the College for the next academic year.
Individuals must be a current faculty or staff member in the College of Professional Studies. Apply using the form below. Appointed by the Dean for a two-year term.
Executive Committee Membership:
Apply using the form below. Appointed by the Dean, upon recommendation of the Chair, for a two-year term.
- 3 CPS staff
- 1 FT and 1 PT CPS faculty
- 2 Students
- 2 Alumni
General Membership: All CPS community members are welcome to attend open meetings of the committee and participate as their interest and time allow.