DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
Diversity, equity and inclusion are integral components of the teaching and learning experience and an essential element of the ongoing intellectual, social and spiritual development of every member of the Villanova community.
The College of Professional Studies' Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee is comprised of students, faculty, staff and alumni. As leaders in families, communities, businesses, government, non-profit organizations, and the military, you are uniquely positioned to contribute to lasting organizational and systemic change.
2021-2022 CPS Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Sasha Haddoun (Chair)
- Develop a mission statement for the committee
- Review “responsibilities” and make recommendation regarding final list
- Complete an audit of CPS to establish baseline data regarding diversity and inclusion
- Identify needs and areas of opportunity and concern related to diversity, equity, and inclusion in CPS.
- Develop 3-4 goals related to diversity, equity, and inclusion for the College for the next academic year.
Developed by Executive Committee Members
The College of Professional Studies (CPS) is comprised of students, faculty, and staff of diverse backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
The mission of the CPS Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee is to fulfill Villanova's commitment to be an inclusive community by embracing, recognizing, and respecting the valued differences of its community members and stakeholders.
We recognize the impacts of systemic and cultural barriers and are committed to cultivating a supportive, inclusive, and equitable environment for the CPS community.
- CPS will sponsor/organize DEI education-focused trainings
- Develop CPS DEI webpage with support resources and DEI-focused events and programs at the college
- Increase DEI engagement and posting on CPS social media
- Deliver CPS audit report on diversity and inclusion data