COMBINED BA/MA IN THEOLOGY AND RELIGIOUS STUDIES
Integrate your studies with a combined Bachelor/Master Degree.
Students wishing to complete the Bachelor of Arts in Theology and Religious Studies and the Master of Arts in Theology can earn a combined degree in as little as five years. The combined BA/MA in Theology is a 12-course (36 credits) program. During junior and senior years, students will replace four undergraduate elective courses with four graduate courses, which count toward both BA and MA degrees. At the end of the senior year, students receive the bachelor’s degree and transfer to graduate status in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. During the fifth year, including summer, students take eight graduate-level courses. The eighth (final) course will be covered by CLAS Graduate Studies tuition remission. Upon completion of all graduate program requirements, students receive the MA degree in Theology.
EXPLORE THE PROGRAM
- Theology and Religious Studies major with junior academic status
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Completion of THL 1000 and one upper-level THL course
- Unofficial undergraduate transcripts (uploaded on the Academic History page of the application)
- Letter of recommendation from the Theology and Religious Studies undergraduate Program Director
- Interview with the Theology and Religious Studies undergraduate Program Director
- To begin graduate courses next fall: March 15
- To begin graduate courses next spring: October 15
- Expenses for courses that count towards both the Bachelor and the Master are covered by your undergraduate tuition and by tuition remission.
- You are responsible for payment of seven graduate courses only.