GRADUATE PROGRAMS IN HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
The Villanova Graduate Program in Human Resource Development (HRD) is committed to its vision of developing global thought-leaders who drive high performing, inclusive organizations and create meaningful work experiences.
Our program's balance of theory and practicum, along with faculty who are active in the industry, provides a focus on emerging trends in this dynamic field to prepare our students for success. Villanova HRD fosters development of knowledge and skills that can be applied to the rapidly changing field, from law and regulation to human behavior and business.
With more than 3,000 HRD graduates in businesses ranging from healthcare to technology and finance, our students have enjoyed tremendous career success and are now leaders in the field who return to contribute knowledge, guidance and expertise to our students.
Take classes on campus or online! At Villanova, we value learning together, that's why even our online courses are synchronous, meaning you will meet live virtually each week with your instructor and classmates.
Join Us for a Virtual Information Session
|Human Resource Development (HRD)||April 4, 2023||12 p.m. ET||Register now!|
|Human Resource Development (HRD)||April 4, 2023||6 p.m. ET||Register now!|
|Human Resource Development (HRD)||May 3, 2023||12 p.m. ET||Register now!|
|Human Resource Development (HRD)||May 3, 2023||6 p.m. ET||Register now!|
|Human Resource Development (HRD)||June 7, 2023||12 p.m. ET||Register now!|
|Human Resource Development (HRD)||June 7, 2023||6 p.m. ET||Register now!|
WHY VILLANOVA HRD?
- It is our mission to develop HR leaders through evidence-based education and applied experiences in functional and strategic human resource management within dynamic organizational environments.
- We believe strongly that the people in every organization are the greatest asset of that business and to achieve success, the business must not only leverage but also support, motivate and develop those people.
- We educate our students on the research that supports these beliefs and provide opportunities for experiences to explore the application of these beliefs and the foundations of strategic human resources in our classrooms.
- Established in 1980, the Villanova HRD Program is one of the longest-running graduate human resource programs in the country.
- With more than 3,000 HRD graduates, you will be joining a vast alumni network of HR professionals leading human resources in organizations globally.
- Our flexible eight-week class format allows students to balance their academic, professional and personal lives.
- Earn your MSHRD degree in two years or attend part-time and take up to four years for completion.
- All programs are offered on campus or fully online. Our online courses are synchronous, meaning you will meet live virtually each week with your instructor and classmates.
- We do not require the GRE and offer an easy online admission process. You can apply to begin when you are ready, Fall, Spring or Summer.
Tailor the HRD program to fit your career goals by earning a graduate certificate in a concentration area independently or in conjunction with the Master's in Human Resources Development. We offer five certificates to fit your career interests:
- HR Business Partner
- HR Leadership
- Inclusion & Diversity Strategy
- People Analytics & Research
- Organization Development
- Learn from both active practitioners working in the field and research faculty conducting research used in organizations today.
- Our faculty are willing mentors who are invested in your success!
- All classes in the program are SHRM and HRCI certified.
- You can earn recertification credits while taking our classes.
Creating Diverse, Inclusive Work Environments
Important Notices for Distance Education Students
The following includes important information for students participating in online courses, online programs and/or on-ground clinicals or practicums while physically located outside of Pennsylvania.
The HRD Corner Blog
Visit the HRD Corner! We use this blog to share our thoughts on the world of HR, share alumni, student and faculty stories, and to keep you informed about our program and upcoming events throughout the year!
New courses begin every eight weeks.
Fall I 2022
- Application Due - Aug. 10
- Term Starts - Aug. 29
Fall II 2022
- Application Due - Sept. 28
- Term Starts - Oct. 24
Spring I 2023
- Application Due - Jan. 9
- Term Starts - Jan. 23
Spring II 2023
- Application Due - Feb. 15
- Term Starts - March 20
Summer I 2023
- Application Due - April 12
- Term Starts - May 15
Summer II 2023
- Application Due - June 7
- Term Starts - July 3
Questions about your applciation? Email us!
Register for a virtual information session.