Chemistry faculty strive to publish papers in respected journals with undergraduate and graduate student co-authors. Lists of publications have been compiled here by their year of publication. To find lists of publications by individual faculty, please check faculty websites.
Key: Villanova Undergraduates, Villanova Graduate Students, Villanova Department of Chemistry Faculty
1. Fumo, VM; Roberts, RC; Zhang, JY ; and O'Reilly, MC. “Diastereoselective synthesis of cyclic tetrapeptide pseudoxylallemycin A illuminates the impact of base during macrolactamization” Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry, February 1, 2023. DOI: 10.1039/d2ob02126a
2. Atom Economical QPCs: Phenyl-Free Biscationic Quaternary Phosphonium Compounds as Potent Disinfectants Author(s): Thierer, LM; Petersen, AA; Michaud, ME; Sanchez, CA; Brayton, SR; Wuest, WM; Minbiole, KPC, ACS INFECTIOUS DISEASES, FEB 2023. DOI: 10.1021/acsinfecdis.2c00575
3. An integrated physiological perspective on anthropogenic stressors in the Gulf coast toad (Incilius nebulifer), Monroe, DJ; Barny, Lea A.; Wu, Alice; Minbiole, Kevin P. C.; Gabor, Caitlin R. FRONTIERS IN ECOLOGY AND EVOLUTION Volume: 11; FEB 2 2023DOI: 10.3389/fevo.2023.1112982
4. Bimolecular Excited-State Proton-Coupled Electron Transfer within Encounter Complexes. Martinez, Kristina; Koehne, Sydney M.; Benson, Kaitlyn; Paul, Jared J.; Schmeh l, Russell H. JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY FEB 2023. 10.1021/jacs.2c10165
5. Crystal structures of the sulfones of 2,3-diphenyl2,3-dihydro-4H-1,3-benzothiazin-4-one and 2,3diphenyl-2,3-dihydro-4H-pyrido[3,2-e][1,3]thiazin- 4-one. Yennawar, Hemant P.; Mal, Tapas K.; Pacheco, Carlos N.; Lagalante, Anthony F.; Olsen, Mark A.; Russell, Michael W.; Muench, Grace C.; Moyer, Quentin J.; Silverberg, Lee J. ACTA CRYSTALLOGRAPHICA SECTION E-CRYSTALLOGRAPHIC COMMUNICATIONS Volume: 79, MAR 2023. DOI: 10.1107/S2056989023001524
6. Metabolite compositions on skins of eastern hellbenders Cryptobranchus alleganiensis alleganiensis differ with location and captivity. Loudon, Andrew H.; Terrell, Kimberly A.; Davis, Robert W.; Umile, Thomas P.; Lipps, Gregory J.; Greathouse, Joe; Chapman, Eric; Roblee, Kenneth; Kleopfer, John D.; Bales, Emma K.; Hyman, Oliver J.; Harris, Reid N.; Minbiole, Kevin P. C. DISEASES OF AQUATIC ORGANISMS Volume: 153 Pages: 9-16, FEB 2 2023. DOI: 10.3354/dao03715
7. Soft QPCs: Biscationic Quaternary Phosphonium Compounds as Soft Antimicrobial Agents. Brayton, SR; Toles, ZEA; Sanchez, CA; Michaud, ME; Thierer, LM; Keller, TM; Risener, CJ; Quave, CL; Wuest, WM; Minbiole, KPC. ACS INFECTIOUS DISEASES Volume: 9, APR 14 2023 DOI: 10.1021/acsinfecdis.2c00624
8. Scalable and Chromatography-Free Synthesis of Efflux Pump Inhibitor Phenylalanine Arginine beta-Naphthylamide for Its Validation in Wild-Type Bacterial Strains. Russo, CM; Howey, KG; O'Reilly, MC; CHEMMEDCHEM, May 2023, 1860-7187. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/cmdc.202300128
9. Trace metal analysis of United States silver coins using ICP-MS and XRF. Selinsky BS. Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms. October 2023. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0168583X23003452
10. Acute Oxidative Stress Can Paradoxically Suppress Human NRF2 Protein Synthesis by Inhibiting Global Protein Translation. Pensabene, KM; LaMorte, J; Allender, AE; Wehr, J; Kaur, P; Savage, M; Eggler, AL
Villanova Chemist Receives $579,508 Grant from NSF to Support His Research in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.