Chemistry faculty strive to publish papers in respected journals with undergraduate and graduate student co-authors. Lists of publications have been compiled here by their year of publication. To find lists of publications by individual faculty, please check faculty websites.
Key: Villanova Undergraduates, Villanova Graduate Students, Villanova Department of Chemistry Faculty
1. Hughey, Myra C., Eria A. Rebollar , Reid N. Harris, Roberto Ibanez, Stephen C. Loftus, Leanna L. House, Kevin P. C. Minbiole, Molly C Bletz, Daniel Medina, William R Shoemaker, Meredith C Swartwout, Lisa K Belden. “An Experimental Test of Disease Resistance Function in the Skin-Associated Bacterial Communities of Three Tropical Amphibian Species.” FEMS MICROBIOLOGY ECOLOGY. GREAT CLARENDON ST, OXFORD OX2 6DP, ENGLAND: OXFORD UNIV PRESS, March 24, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1093/femsec/fiac023
2. Kessler, Hannah, Christopher M. Russo, Vincent Fumo, and Matthew C. O’Reilly. “What’s in a Tablet? Extraction and Spectroscopic Identification of Pharmaceutical Unknowns.” JOURNAL OF CHEMICAL EDUCATION. 1155 16TH ST, NW, WASHINGTON, DC 20036 USA: AMER CHEMICAL SOC, August 9, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jchemed.2c00225
3. Li, Zhao, Ryan Jorn , Pamela Rose Samonte V, Jingdong Mao, John D. Sivey , Joseph J. Pignatello , and Wenqing Xu. “Surface-Catalyzed Hydrolysis by Pyrogenic Carbonaceous Matter and Model Polymers: An Experimental and Computational Study on Functional Group and Pore Characteristics.” APPLIED CATALYSIS B-ENVIRONMENTAL. RADARWEG 29, 1043 NX AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS: ELSEVIER, December 15, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apcatb.2022.121877
4. Manfredonia, Abramo J., and Daniel A. Kraut. “The 26S Proteasome Switches between ATP-Dependent and -Independent Mechanisms in Response to Substrate Ubiquitination.” BIOMOLECULES. ST ALBAN-ANLAGE 66, CH-4052 BASEL, SWITZERLAND: MDPI, June 2022. https://doi.org/10.3390/biom12060750.
5. Minbiole, Kevin P. C, Savannah J. Post, William M. Wuest , Marina E. Michaud, Ryan A. Allen, Kelly R. Morrison-Lewis, and Christian A. Sanchez. “Quaternary Phosphonium Compound Unveiled as a Potent Disinfectant against Highly Resistant Acinetobacter Baumannii Clinical Isolates.” ACS INFECTIOUS DISEASES. 1155 16TH ST, NW, WASHINGTON, DC 20036 USA: AMER CHEMICAL SOC, n.d. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsinfecdis.2c00382
6. Palenchar, Peter M. “The Influence of Codon Usage, Protein Abundance, and Protein Stability on Protein Evolution Vary by Evolutionary Distance and the Type of Protein.” PROTEIN JOURNAL. ONE NEW YORK PLAZA, SUITE 4600, NEW YORK, NY, UNITED STATES: SPRINGER, April 2022. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10930-022-10045-w
7. Palenchar, Peter M. , and Thomas DeStefanis. “Transcriptional Noise Adjusted for Expression Levels Reveals Genes with High Transcriptional Noise That Are Highly Expressed, Functionally Related, and Co-Regulated in Yeast.” CURRENT GENETICS. ONE NEW YORK PLAZA, SUITE 4600, NEW YORK, NY, UNITED STATES: SPRINGER, December 2022. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00294-022-01255-x
8. Rollins-Smith, Louise A., Laura K. Reinert, Mitchell Le Sage, Kaitlyn N. Linney , Bria M. Gillard, Thomas P. Umile, and Kevin P. C. Minbiole. “Lymphocyte Inhibition by the Salamander-Killing Chytrid Fungus, Batrachochytrium Salamandrivorans .” INFECTION AND IMMUNITY. 1752 N ST NW, WASHINGTON, DC 20036-2904 USA: AMER SOC MICROBIOLOGY, March 17, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1128/iai.00020-22
9. Seif, Ahmad, Temer S. Ahmadi, and Axel Klein. “Kinetics and Mechanism of the Barton-Kellogg Olefination: A Computational DFT Study Using CTST Theory and Topological Approaches.” NEW JOURNAL OF CHEMISTRY. THOMAS GRAHAM HOUSE, SCIENCE PARK, MILTON RD, CAMBRIDGE CB4 0WF, CAMBS, ENGLAND: ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY, June 6, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1039/d2nj01476a
10. Sommers, Kyle J., Marina E. Michaud, Cody E. Hogue, Amber M. Scharnow , Lauren E. Amoo, Ashley A. Petersen, Robert G. Carden, Kevin P. C. Minbiole, and William M. Wuest . “Quaternary Phosphonium Compounds: An Examination of Non-Nitrogenous Cationic Amphiphiles That Evade Disinfectant Resistance.” ACS INFECTIOUS DISEASES. 1155 16TH ST, NW, WASHINGTON, DC 20036 USA: AMER CHEMICAL SOC, February 11, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsinfecdis.1c00611
11. Spahr, Aaron C., Marina E. Michaud, Lauren E. Amoo, Christian A. Sanchez, Cody E. Hogue, Laura M. Thierer, Michael R. Gau , William M. Wuest , and Kevin P. C. Minbiole. “Rigidity-Activity Relationships of BisQPC Scaffolds against Pathogenic Bacteria.” CHEMMEDCHEM. POSTFACH 101161, 69451 WEINHEIM, GERMANY: WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH, July 19, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1002/cmdc.202200224
12. Fumo, VM; Roberts, RC; Zhang, JY ; and O'Reilly, MC. “Diastereoselective synthesis of cyclic tetrapeptide pseudoxylallemycin A illuminates the impact of base during macrolactamization” Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry, February 1, 2023. DOI: 10.1039/d2ob02126a
13. Atom Economical QPCs: Phenyl-Free Biscationic Quaternary Phosphonium Compounds as Potent Disinfectants Author(s): Thierer, LM; Petersen, AA; Michaud, ME; Sanchez, CA; Brayton, SR; Wuest, WM; Minbiole, KPC, ACS INFECTIOUS DISEASES, FEB 2023. DOI: 10.1021/acsinfecdis.2c00575
14. An integrated physiological perspective on anthropogenic stressors in the Gulf coast toad (Incilius nebulifer), Monroe, DJ; Barny, Lea A.; Wu, Alice; Minbiole, Kevin P. C.; Gabor, Caitlin R. FRONTIERS IN ECOLOGY AND EVOLUTION Volume: 11; FEB 2 2023DOI: 10.3389/fevo.2023.1112982
15. Bimolecular Excited-State Proton-Coupled Electron Transfer within Encounter Complexes. Martinez, Kristina; Koehne, Sydney M.; Benson, Kaitlyn; Paul, Jared J.; Schmeh l, Russell H. JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY FEB 2023. 10.1021/jacs.2c10165
16. Crystal structures of the sulfones of 2,3-diphenyl2,3-dihydro-4H-1,3-benzothiazin-4-one and 2,3diphenyl-2,3-dihydro-4H-pyrido[3,2-e][1,3]thiazin- 4-one. Yennawar, Hemant P.; Mal, Tapas K.; Pacheco, Carlos N.; Lagalante, Anthony F.; Olsen, Mark A.; Russell, Michael W.; Muench, Grace C.; Moyer, Quentin J.; Silverberg, Lee J. ACTA CRYSTALLOGRAPHICA SECTION E-CRYSTALLOGRAPHIC COMMUNICATIONS Volume: 79, MAR 2023. DOI: 10.1107/S2056989023001524
17. Metabolite compositions on skins of eastern hellbenders Cryptobranchus alleganiensis alleganiensis differ with location and captivity. Loudon, Andrew H.; Terrell, Kimberly A.; Davis, Robert W.; Umile, Thomas P.; Lipps, Gregory J.; Greathouse, Joe; Chapman, Eric; Roblee, Kenneth; Kleopfer, John D.; Bales, Emma K.; Hyman, Oliver J.; Harris, Reid N.; Minbiole, Kevin P. C. DISEASES OF AQUATIC ORGANISMS Volume: 153 Pages: 9-16, FEB 2 2023. DOI: 10.3354/dao03715
Villanova Chemist Receives $579,508 Grant from NSF to Support His Research in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.