Faculty Writing Cooperative
We invite you to join our SPRING 2024 Faculty Writing Cooperative. This program brings faculty together from across disciplines for scheduled writing sessions to write alongside others. The program encourages best practices for increasing satisfaction and efficiency with writing.
All Villanova faculty and post-doctoral scholars are invited to enroll in this semester/summer-long program.
What is the VIRS Faculty Writing Cooperative?
The Faculty Writing Co-operative combines the following programming:
1) 2-hour long, peer-led, scheduled blocks of time (based on individual availability, mostly on-line) for writing alongside others to promote accountability and efficiency; time is structured in at the beginning and end for sharing goals, accomplishments, and writing strategies;
2) facilitated in-person write-in days throughout the semester for intensive writing blocks and discussion of writing.
This is a more flexible, more peer-managed version of our Writing Group program.
Writing often takes a back seat to other faculty responsibilities (teaching, administration, mentorship, etc.). A structured writing program rooted in the concepts of frequency, duration, and intensity promises the best outcomes for writing goals.
What are the commitments?
- Participate in at least 5 2-hour, online write-in sessions throughout the semester
- Attend an orientation session the first week (Monday, January 22 - Friday, January 26, 2024) if you are new to the program.
- Attend one or more in-person intensive write-in days (optional but encouraged).
How does it work?
- Register by January 16, 2024 to receive access to the sign-up sheet (the first sign-up sheet will cover the first-half of the semester).
- Sign up for at least 3 sessions on this first sign-up sheet. If you are new to the program sign up in a participant block, not a facilitator block.
- Attend one of the online orientation sessions scheduled at the beginning of each writing session the first week, January 22-26, 2024 (see schedule below).
- Attend one or more in-person write-in days. Find schedule and registration forms for the Spring 2024 write-in days here. We will provide a comfortable environment for a day of focused writing, collegiality, and lunch to celebrate our writing accomplishments during the semester.
What is the schedule?
Program Dates and Deadlines
Register to participate: by Tuesday, January 16, 204.
The program begins Monday, January 22, 2024.
The sign-up sheet will be sent to registrants the week of January 15, 2024.
Orientation will be held the first half hour of each session the week of January 22 - 26, 2024.
Spring 2024 Weekly schedule.
Tuesdays and Thursdays: 9:00 - 11:00 am and 1:00 - 3:00 pm
Wednesdays 10:00 am - Noon and 1:00 - 3:00 pm
Fridays: 10:00 am - Noon.