Jump to Holy Week 101
For what may be the first time ever, Villanova is offering the liturgies from Palm Sunday through Easter Sunday on campus for students.
Join us for these holiest of days and greatest of liturgies–and even an after-Vigil reception on Mendel Field (see below).
- Presider: The Rev. Peter M. Donohue, OSA
- Location: Campus Green (rain location: Finneran Pavilion; see below)
- Pre-registration: Required (see each liturgy for links)
- Maximum capacity: 1,000 outdoors; 800 indoors
Faculty, staff, alumni, parents and friends: Although you may not attend in person, we invite you to celebrate safely via livestream (see each liturgy for links).
Sunday, March 28 | 7 PM
Palm Sunday of the Lord's Passion
The Palm Sunday Mass will be held in Finneran Pavilion due to the wet condition of the Campus Green.
Thursday, April 1 | 7 PM
Holy Thursday - Evening Mass of the Lord's Supper
The Holy Thursday Mass will be held in Finneran Pavilion due to the weather.
Friday, April 2 | 3 PM
Good Friday of the Lord's Passion
The Good Friday liturgy will be held in Finneran Pavilion due to the weather.
Friday, April 2 | 7 PM
Stations of the Cross
Starting and ending at the steps of St. Thomas of Villanova Church
- Walk the Way of the Cross on campus
- Each station will include a Scripture passage, a reflection and a prayer.
- As we move from station to station, we will pray a decade of the Rosary, sing or observe silence.
Saturday, April 3 | 7 PM
Holy Saturday - Easter Vigil
The Easter Vigil will be held in Finneran Pavilion due to the weather.
- Open to all students in the Villanova community
- Celebration of the beginning of the Easter season on Mendel Field
- Live music, fire pits, food trucks, beverages and great company
Note: Attendance at the Easter Vigil is not required to attend this reception.
Sunday, April 4 | Noon
Resurrection of the Lord - Mass of Easter Day
Sunday | April 4 | 8 AM
Early Morning Easter Service
Riley Ellipse (Oreo; rain location: East Lounge); pre-register here
A light breakfast will follow the service
Thursday, March 25
Pre-Passover Dinner - Dining Services, St. Mary Hall
Check out the menu
Sunday, March 28 | 5:30 PM
Har Zion Temple in Penn Valley invites Villanova students, faculty and staff to join them for a virtual Community Seder for the second night of Passover. Register here to receive a Zoom link.
Holy Week 101
We're approaching the summit of the Church Year. Click open the boxes to find out what makes each liturgy unique and special.