INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ADMISSION
International students may enroll in the PhD in Nursing program and selected Master's and Post Master’s certificate programs. The application should be submitted approximately one year prior to the desired date of enrollment.
All admission requirements for the PhD and Master's/Post-master's certificate programs must be met for the program selected in addition to the following:
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended including international universities are required. English translations of transcripts are also required. Villanova will accept a course-by-course credential evaluation from any NACES member. Applications will not be reviewed until Villanova Fitzpatrick College of Nursing receives the official copy of the report.
- Each applicant must document the ability to speak, read and write English as evidenced by satisfactory scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Test information can be obtained at: www.toefl.org and www.ielts.org Students whose native language is English are exempt. For those whose native language is not English, the minimum acceptable scores are:
- Internet-based TOEFL - 83 overall and 25 in Speaking section
- IELTS – 6.5 overall and 7.0 in speaking
- International students applying to a master’s or post-master’s clinical track must have RN licensure in the state of Pennsylvania at the time of application. For information on how to become licensed in Pennsylvania contact the PA State Board of Nursing at: www.dos.state.pa.us/nurse
- International students must present evidence of adequate financial resources to meet the expenses of full-time study, living and travel
[RN3]PhD students don't need an RN license, but this is covered in the "clinical program" reference. If this was on a general page that should be noted