The online application and all supporting documentation must be received for your application to be considered complete. Completed applications are reviewed by the Graduate Program Admissions Committee shortly following the published application deadlines. You will be notified via the online application portal regarding a decision about your application
- Complete the specific Fitzpatrick College of Nursing Graduate Program Online Application for either the master's or post-graduate tracks.
- Submit completed online graduate application with required documents to the Nursing Graduate Program Office by
- February 1: Fall/Summer Early Admission
- April 1: Summer Admission
- July 1: Fall Admission
- November 1: Spring Admission
M. Louise Fitzpatrick College of Nursing
Graduate Nursing Program | Driscoll Hall Room 319
800 E Lancaster Avenue
Villanova, PA 19085
Electronic transcripts may be sent to:
PhD and Post-Master’s DNP Transcripts:
DNP Nurse Anesthesia Transcripts
A maximum of six graduate credits may be transferred, including credits earned in other colleges or schools of Villanova University. If transfer credit is requested in lieu of required courses in the program, a course syllabus and transcript must accompany the request.
All requests for transfer must be submitted in writing to the Program Director after admission to the program. Only courses taken prior to acceptance into the Graduate Nursing Program may be transferred.
- Complete Online Application for Admission
- Personal Goal Statement identifying career goals that are congruent with the purposes of the program and indicate appropriate communication and writing skills (for Nurse Practitioners, an essay regarding goals and conceptualization of the role of the Nurse Practitioner in clinical practice)
- Application fee (waived for Open House event attendees)
- TOEFL or IELTS (non-native English speakers)
- Transcripts from all schools attended must be submitted. Please note that transcripts are required regardless of number of credits taken or if the credits were transferred to another school. An admission decision will be delayed if you do not send transcripts from all colleges/universities attended. Transcripts originating from academic institutions outside of the U.S. must be translated and a course-by-course evaluation performed by World Education Service or a comparable credential evaluation service.
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation from professionals who are in a position to judge your performance/professional skills
- Copy of current RN license
- Upon acceptance, a comprehensive criminal background check through Complio (Villanova's online compliance tracking service) is required.
To be eligible for admission to degree status, potential candidates must submit evidence of:
- A baccalaureate degree in nursing from an NLNAC or CCNE accredited program or its equivalent
- A GPA of 3.0 or above
- A minimum of one year of recent clinical practice
- All non-native English speakers are required to submit either official TOEFL or IELTS results. TOEFL: Applicants must score a minimum of 83 (with 25 in speaking) on the iBT (internet-based test) in order to be considered for admission. IELTS: Applicants must score at least 6.5 overall (7 in speaking band) in order to be considered for admission. When you register for the TOEFL or IELTS, please request that your results be sent directly to Villanova - our institutional code is 2959.
- Satisfactory completion of a statistics course, which includes both descriptive and inferential statistics
- Satisfactory academic record
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse (USA)