COMBINED BA/MS OR BS/MS IN PSYCHOLOGY
Students in this program earn both a BA or BS and an MS in Psychology. This program provides an especially strong foundation for individuals who plan to pursue a PhD in one of the many subfields of psychology. It also serves the needs of students who are unsure of their future professional goals and of individuals seeking a terminal master’s degree before entering the work force.
EXPLORE THE PROGRAM
The Combined Program application form can be accessed through our Current Psychology Major Information site.
Applicants to the program should have the following:
- Villanova psychology major with junior status
- a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (most accepted applicants have higher GPAs)
- a GPA in the psychology major of at least 3.2 (most accepted applicants have higher GPAs)
- completed or be enrolled in at least six psychology courses which must include:
- PSY 2000 - Statistics
- PSY 2050 - Research Methods
- PSY 2100 - Seminar in Professional Development
- PSY 4200 - Biopsychology or PSY 4500 - Cognitive Psychology
- Two additional psychology electives
Although not required for application, most successful applicants have demonstrated interest in psychological research by participating in a research laboratory.