NOVAEDGE DIVERSITY IN ENGINEERING
NovaEdge Diversity in Engineering is a one-week, on campus program to introduce a diverse population of students from different ethnic and social backgrounds to the traditional fields of engineering, including Chemical, Civil and Environmental, Computer and Electrical, and Mechanical Engineering. Students also will be introduced to unique aspects of Villanova’s College of Engineering, which include international service learning, Sustainable Engineering and Engineering Entrepreneurship. Lectures and hands-on laboratory experiments are taught by Villanova engineering faculty, and daily guest speakers will bridge academia and industry. During the evening, students will enjoy fun and engaging activities with resident assistants and also work on any assigned engineering projects.
In addition to this introduction to engineering, the NovaEdge program includes a presentation on the college admissions process. It is a one week on campus program.
NovaEdge 2024 Program Dates: July 13th - July 20th
- Participants stay on campus during this one-week summer program.
- Open to rising sophomores, juniors and senior high school students.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for student transportation to and from campus. Villanova University will provide transportation for students who arrive on an airport flight only.
- Students may not drive their own car to the NovaEdge summer program
- The program cost of $775 must be paid in full once the student is selected into the program.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner are provided
- Students will stay in a student hall which is on main campus
- Registration is not complete until required forms are received.
- If your student is selected, a deposit will be due to secure your student's spot in the program.