The Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering (MSME) program requires:
- 30 semester credit hours (10 courses), including at least 24 course credits and 6 credits of research for the thesis option
- A math requirement, which can be met by either taking ME 7000 (Advanced Engineering Analysis) or ME 7030 (Numerical Methods for Engineering Simulation)
- A combined maximum of six credits may be either (1) taken outside the department with the approval of the graduate committee chair; or (2) may be transferred from other institutions with the approval of the graduate committee chair. A grade of "B" or better is necessary for transfer of credits.
- Only graduate and research assistants are required to write a thesis. It is optional for other students.
- Students must maintain at least a "B" average.