Bachelor's Degree Candidates
Undergraduate degree candidates can find information below regarding registering to graduate, the schedule of events, simulcast information, gift options and other details.
REGISTER TO GRADUATE
Registration for 2022 Commencement has now closed. If you have questions regarding registration, please contact email@example.com.
GRADUATING STUDENT SURVEY
Part I, The Senior Survey, asks important questions about your Villanova experience, gains you have made through your undergraduate education, your participation in selected activities, and your thoughts on various aspects of the University. Please be assured that your answers will remain confidential. You will receive email invitations to complete the survey at your Villanova email address or you may access the survey using this link.
Part II, The Career Outcome Survey, is a short survey from Villanova University’s Career Center about your post-graduation plans in your career and the career experiences you participating in while at Villanova. For details on this part of the survey, instructions on how to take it, and how it is used at Villanova, visit the Career Center’s website.
This year, for each completed survey (both parts), the University will make a $1 donation to charity in honor of the graduating class.
Completion of both surveys will also enter students into a drawing for one of ten diploma frames from the Villanova University Bookstore.
COMMENCEMENT EVENTS & DETAILS
The Class of 2022 will have the opportunity to celebrate with one another through a variety of events.
- Friday, May 6 is the Kickoff on the Green. Come and enjoy great food, drinks, and live music around firepits with your best friends. Tickets available on VillanovaTix.
- Saturday, May 7 is the trip to a Phillies vs. Mets Baseball Game. Tickets can be purchased on MLB.com. Please note that transportation will not be provided.
- Monday, May 9 is the Final Formal at the Moshulu in Philadelphia. Come gather for your very last Villanova formal at your favorite venue, "The Moosh!" This night will be filled with dancing, your favorite late night snacks, and a scenic view of the Delaware River. Tickets available on VillanovaTix.
- Tuesday, May 10 is the Senior Picnic, an annual event that brings the entire undergraduate class together for a relaxing day on campus. Tickets available on VillanovaTix.
- Wednesday, May 11 is the Class of 2022 Blue & White Bash, a unique outdoors event for members of the senior class.
This annual event for the senior class is a night filled with music, dancing, entertainment, food and drinks! Dance the night away to a live band and a DJ, on a blue-and-white dance floor! Eat your fill of Villanova dining favorites from over the years (stir fry, anyone?)! Raise a glass with the friends who have made your time at Villanova memorable. And most of all, come ready to celebrate with your fellow Wildcats!
The only requirements to attend are 1) be a graduating senior 2) wear blue and white! The style of dress is totally up to YOU! You can wear your favorite pair of blue jeans or rock your best blue suit or white gown. The theme is fun regardless of how dressed down or dressed up you come! RSVP on VillanovaTix.
- Thursday, May 12 is the beginning of our Commencement Weekend activities with the Wildcat Crossing, a special ceremony honoring graduating seniors whose stories or identities are underrepresented on our campus, or who have required extra strength or resilience to graduate from Villanova University. Students must register here. On Thursday afternoon, we will be hosting the Last Lecture and Toast, an annual event where a professor, nominated by members of the graduating class, delivers a last lecture. Strawberry and champagne reception to follow. RSVP is required on VillanovaTIx.
- Friday, May 13 is the Baccalaureate Mass on the Campus Green. All faiths are welcome to this beautiful event that brings the community together. A special Augustinian blessing offered at the end of the Mass is one of Villanova's most treasured traditions. No tickets required.
- Immediately following Mass, a picnic-style lunch provided by Wawa will be offered on campus. Graduates and their guests may purchase a lunch in advance for $10/person. Each lunch will include a Wawa hoagie or bowl, as well as apple slices, chips, a marshmallow dessert bar and a beverage. Ordering is now closed.
- Finally, the Bachelor's Degree Commencement and Recognition Ceremony for the Class of 2022 will be held on Friday afternoon in the Villanova Stadium. University President the Rev. Peter M. Donohue and the deans from each of the Colleges and Schools will confer degrees. At this ceremony, the names of all graduates will be called, and graduates will walk across the stage when their name is called. The ceremony will be approximately two and a half hours, and each graduate is permitted up to four guests.
In the event of rain, the Baccalaureate Mass will be moved into the Finneran Pavilion.
The ceremony will be held outdoors rain or shine. If necessary, the ceremony start time may be adjusted in the case of a passing weather system. In the event of severe weather where we are unable to safely hold the ceremony outdoors, the ceremony will be moved into the Finneran Pavilion and will be limited to graduates and two guests only. These details, and any changes, will be communicated via email and text alerts as needed.
The deadline to order caps and gowns has passed. Please contact Commencement directly with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Villanova University uses a navy blue cap and gown for its Commencement activities.
There is no fee for academic attire.
Keep Your Cap and Gown
Graduates will keep all academic attire at the conclusion of the ceremony.
What Is The History Behind The Cap and Gown?
History of the Academic Costume and Ceremony provided by the American Council on Education
PHOTOGRAPHY & STREAMING INFORMATION
Professional photographers from Pro Pics will be at commencement to take portraits of graduates with their diploma as they walk across the stage. Portraits will be available for purchase from Pro Pics following the ceremonies.
After crossing the stage, graduates will proceed to the graduate portrait station to have quick portrait made in your cap & gown. Pro Pics will photograph your portrait on a green screen and you will later have access to select from a variety of backgrounds.
Questions? Contact Pro Pics.
Virtual Photo Booths:
There is a virtual photo booth available for all graduates. Upload a photo of yourself in your cap and gown, choose an iconic Villanova background, and create something to share with family and friends!
Live Streaming Information
The Class of 2022 Ceremonies will be simulcast live on May 13 and 14. Please view the live stream information for the links.
ANNOUNCEMENTS, CELEBRATION BOX, GIFTS
Graduation announcements, thank you notes, and other commemorative items are available via Villanova University through the Bartley Print Center. You can choose customizable printed announcements which include personalized pictures and text. Announcements can be shipped to your home, office or can be picked up at the Bartley Print Center. For ordering information and further details, please visit the iPRINT website. Grads or family members can create accounts.
Questions? Contact the Print Center at 610-519-5914 or via email.
The Class of 2022 has an opportunity to send home a Commencement Celebration Box to their family. Each graduate can send a box, free of charge, to a home address. Information on ordering will be sent via email to all candidates for graduation.
Gifts & Flowers
Bartley Print center offers many customizable items for graduates and their families to order. For ordering information and further details, please visit the iPRINTwebsite. Students or family members can create accounts.
Questions? Contact the Print Center at 610-519-5914 or via email.
Villanova also partners with an off-campus vendor, The Commencement Group, that offers flower and gift options for graduates. These can be picked up by students on campus after the ceremonies or direct shipped. You can place your order on this website.
Visit the Yearbook website to purchase a 2022 Belle Air Yearbook! All yearbooks ordered will be shipped to customers at the end of the academic year. You can order the yearbook on the Yearbook website.
Questions? Contact the Belle Aire Yearbook.
The Registrar's Office will mail all diplomas to the address provided on your Prospective Graduate Form or Application to Graduate. In the absence of a completed form, diplomas will be mailed to the graduates' permanent home address of record. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. If you need to make special arrangements for pickup, please contact the Registrar's Office directly.
Proudly display your diploma (diplomas measure 16" X 12") in a diploma frame which you can purchase from the University Shop - Online!
The hours for the bookstore during Commencement week are:
Monday-Thursday: 9 am to 6 pm
Friday: 9 am to 5 pm
Saturday to 10 am to 5 pm
Closed on Sunday
All vehicles will need a Commencement parking pass to park on campus during graduation weekend. Regular campus parking permits will not be valid. Commencement parking passes are valid for the following designated parking lots:
- On-campus parking lots: I-1, I-2, L-1, L-2, L-3, L-4, S-4, S-5, S-6, W-2
- Off-campus parking lot (shuttle service provided): Radnor Financial Center, 150 N Radnor Chester Rd. Wayne, PA 19087
Arrive early. Traffic and parking will be extremely congested. Graduates and guests are encouraged to carpool or utilize public transportation. As parking lots fill, vehicles will be directed to the next available lot.
Drop-Off Locations for Guests with Mobility Needs
Guests with mobility needs may be dropped off near each venue at the designated special needs drop-off locations. No special pass is needed to utilize the drop-off locations. Once the guest is dropped-off, the driver will be directed to park in an available campus lot. Guests planning to utilize the drop-off locations should plan to arrive early. Traffic and parking will be extremely congested.
Designated Accessible Parking Lots
Vehicles with state-issued handicapped placards may park in the following designated accessible parking lots:
- M-1, M-2 (access via the main entrance on Ithan Ave.)
- A-2 (access via the Galberry Hall entrance on Lancaster Ave.)
Please note that accessible parking lots are limited. Guests should plan to arrive early and may utilize the drop-off locations near each venue.
TICKETS & SEATING
For those attending the Commencement Ceremony, four digital guest tickets will be distributed to graduates via Marching Order. The graduates will be responsible for distributing these tickets to their guests prior to the ceremony. Children under the age of 3 years do not need a ticket to attend.
Gates will open at 1:30 pm.
Register for Commencement Text Alerts. Registration is quick and easy - just text 888777 and type NOVAGRAD.
All students, families and guests can register. You will receive updates regarding parking and traffic, as well as notification should any Commencement events be moved or canceled due to weather or an unexpected circumstance.