Set Up Voicemail
Initialize your mailbox:
1. From your desk phone, dial 96000
2. Follow the prompts to set a new security code (temporary code is 0000, four zeros), record your name, and record your greeting.
Setup for a MAILBOX-ONLY number:
1. From a campus phone, dial 96000
2. Press [*] when prompted for security code
3. Press [#] and enter the 5 digit mailbox-only number
4. Follow the prompts to set a new security code (temporary code is 0000, four zeros), record your name, and record your greeting.
Access from an off campus phone:
1. Dial 610-519-6000
2. Press [#] followed by your five digit extension.
3. Follow the prompts to set a new security code (temporary code is 0000, four zeros), record your name, and record your greeting.
Access New Features
Voice Message Notification
1. Message Waiting Indicator light should function as usual on Extension Mailboxes (9xxxx).
2. NEW! Email notification: you will receive an email sent from "Voicemail Notification" in your Email Inbox when you receive a voice message.
Voice Message Retrieval
1. Via Phone: dial 96060 to retrieve any messages stored on old system (messages available until May 15).
1. Via Phone: dial 96000 or use voicemail envelope/button on phone
2. NEW! Via Browser: access Web Phone Manager at https://voicemail.villanova.edu/ and login in with your Villanova credentials
Using the Mobile App NEW!
1. Add mobile device to your profile (this step must be performed prior to step #2 below!)
a. Using a browser, access Web Phone Manager at https://voicemail.villanova.edu/
b. In the left menu, select Personal Settings, then the Phone Numbers tab.
c. Add a telephone number for either a Company Mobile device or a Personal Mobile device, and ensure that device is displayed as Primary Mobile Device.
d. Click OK to close Devices dialog box.
2. Install the mobile app:
a. Mobile app: search for and install "AVST Mobile" from the Apple Store or Google Store.
b. Select Login at bottom right of Welcome screen.
c. On the Mobile Server screen, enter voicemail.villanova.edu/cxm for Server Name, and select Use secure connection (SSL)
d. Select Next
e. On the Mailbox Credentials screen, enter your 5-digit extension for Username (ex. 9xxxx or 8xxxx), and your Security Code you set when you initialized your mailbox. Enter the mobile number you added to your profile into the Phone Number field.
f. Select Next
g. On the Notifications screen, select your preference.
h. On the Finished screen, select Finish.
Shortcuts While Listening To A Message
- Press 1 1 quickly to rewind message to start.
- Press 3 3 quickly to get to the end of message quickly.
For all other features, please see the Quick Reference Card here.
Forward Calls to Another Number
To temporarily redirect all calls to an extension or outside number:
- Press * 0 2
- Dial extension or number where calls will be sent
- Hang up.
To cancel call forwarding:
- Press # 0 2
Send all calls:
To send all calls immediately to coverage:
- Press * 2 2
To cancel send all calls:
- Press # 2 2