- Proposals Submisson Process
- Cost Sharing, Overhead Modification, and Commitment Policy on Grant and Contract Proposals
- The Office of Grants and Contracts is the only office on campus authorized to commit Villanova in application for sponsored funding. The authorized signing official is Moira McAndrews, Director of the Office of Grants and Contracts.
- Prior to submitting a proposal, all researchers must complete CITI Program Courses and Disclosure of Significant Financial Interests.
- Faculty are required to complete all proposal components required by the sponsor (i.e. SOW,CAYUSE 424, if applicable) and create a Cayuse SP record including all finalized proposal components.
- The completed Cayuse SP record must be routed and approved by the Department, Center and College designated approvers.
- The Routed SP record with final budget must be received by the Office of Grants and Contracts no later than 3 business days before the sponsor deadline. The PI and individuals must be available to work with the Office of Grants and Contracts as the deadline approaches. OG&C will make every effort to process proposals received after this deadline. Applications received after the deadline might not receive adequarte review. The investigator runs the risk of the proposal not being submitted in a timely way, or the funding could be refused if Villanova is unable to accept the terms/conditions.
For any commitment including space, released time, cash cost sharing (for any expenditure including travel, personnel, equipment, supplies, or any other expenditure for which cash must be expended), in-kind cost sharing (including space, computer costs, personnel, or any other resource which will affect an administrative unit in any way), or waiver of any part of indirect cost which includes fringe benefits and overhead, approval must be obtained from the person who has administrative control over the resource being committed.
For commitments of cash cost sharing, an account number must appear in CAYUSE to identify the source for the cost share.