The National Science Foundation has released the 2020 PAPPG (Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide), and is effective for all proposals submitted or due as of June 1, 2020. As expected, there are updated instructions pertaining to the Biosketch and Current/Pending support sections.
Effective June 1, 2020, both Biosketches and Current/Pending must be in one of two NSF-approved formats:
- SciENcv – NIH’s Science Experts Network Curriculum Vitae, available now! YouTube video tutorial available here (3 minutes and 33 seconds).
- NSF fillable PDF
- Biosketch – available in March 2020
- Current/Pending – expected to be available in February 2020
More information about the Biosketch is available here, and more information about the Current/Pending is available here.
- Regarding Current/Pending – support includes all resources made available to an individual in support of and/or related to all of his/her research efforts, regardless of whether or not they have monetary value. Current and pending support also includes in-kind contributions (such as office/laboratory space, equipment, supplies, employees, students). In-kind contributions not intended for use on the project/proposal being proposed also must be reported.
- If you plan to submit a proposal in response to an opportunity with a rolling deadline prior to June 1, but then postpone, be sure the proposal meets the requirements of the new PAPPG.
- OG&C will be partnering with the Falvey Library to offer a workshop on SciENcv and ORCID. Stay tuned for more details.
Requesting Summer Research Compensation for Faculty with Academic Year Appointments
Faculty with academic year appointments can request summer research compensation on grants for the months of June, July and August by completing a Summer Research Compensation Request Form.
Benefits of the new form include:
- Requests are based on planned effort, not dollars.
- Faculty can easily allocate effort across multiple grant sources.
- Payments over multiple months can be completed in one request.
Faculty should send completed forms to their Deployed Research Administrator (DRA) as follows:
The DRA will review the request to confirm allowability of charges to the grant and availability of funds. Because additional approvals are required on the form, all requests should be submitted to the DRA by the 10th of each month in order to meet standard payroll processing deadlines. The DRA will then move the requests through to completion.
For faculty with 12-month appointments, do not complete this form. Instead, contact your DRA to initiate a PAF change.
Questions regarding the new form or process, should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Important revisions have been made to the Resumption of Operations at NSF page on the NSF website, including identification of new deadline dates for specific solicitations and Dear Colleague Letters. This updated information will be of interest to your membership and we would appreciate your sharing with your colleagues as soon as possible. This page will continue to be updated as new information becomes available.
Policy-related questions regarding the resumption of operations at NSF may be addressed to email@example.com.
The National Science Foundation (NSF) has issued the revised Proposal and Award Policies and Procedures Guidelines (PAPPG) for all proposals submitted after January 28, 2019. For more information see go to the NSF website.
Research Administration Survey
As part of its commitment to increased training and education, OG&C partnered with the Office of Planning and Institutional Research (OPIR) to develop a survey about training topics as they relate to Research Administration. All members of the Villanova community are invited to participate in the survey to help identify areas of greater need and interest. OG&C will use the results of the survey to develop future trainings/communications.
Please click here to take the survey
Find Funding Opportunities
There are several resources available for faculty who are looking for funding opportunities.
Find Funding Opportunities
Villanova Indirect Cost Rates
For more information about Villanova’s rates, what they are, and why they are important, see our new training tool.
Indirect Cost Rates