Villanova University takes a holistic approach to reviewing applicants to our undergraduate programs. When we read your application we will consider the complete picture - including your academic performance and rigor, activities outside the classroom, recommendations, writing supplements, life experiences and, if reported, test scores. We want to learn who you are as a student and as a person.
First-year applicants are students who are currently in high school, even if taking college courses. If you are attending a college or university, you will apply as a transfer student.
Villanova University offers first-year applicants a choice of four application plans: Early Action and Regular Decision which are non-binding and Early Decision I and Early Decision II which are binding.
|Application Deadline||Notification Date||Reply Date|
|Early Decision I||November 1||by December 15||by January 7|
|Early Action||November 1||by January 20||by May 1|
|Early Decision II||January 15||by February 15||by March 1|
|Regular Decision||January 15||by April 1||by May 1|
Please note: If you are having trouble completing your application by the deadlines above due to impacts from a natural disaster, personal extenuating circumstance or a school-related disruption, please know we are flexible with our deadlines. You can request an extension by contacting email@example.com or 610-519-4000.
- Villanova does not conduct admission interviews, nor do we consider demonstrated interest as part of our admission process.
- We reserve the right to evaluate an application, including making a final decision, even if all parts of the application have not been received.
- Villanova School of Business: past successful applicants have had at least one year/one unit of high school Calculus (beyond Pre-Calculus), if Calculus is offered at their school. If given the choice, we advise students to take Calculus over Statistics if only one can be taken.
- College of Engineering: a Physics course is required for all engineering applicants. Calculus is strongly encouraged (beyond Pre-Calculus), if Calculus is offered at your school.
- Fitzpatrick College of Nursing: applicants are required to have successfully completed at least one year/one unit of Biology and Chemistry during high school. Advanced levels of Biology and Chemistry are strongly encouraged.
- Pennsylvania law mandates that Villanova University may be required to report incidents of abuse that are disclosed in applications.
INFORMATION FOR INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS
An international student is one who is not a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident and requires a student visa (F-1 or J-1) to study in the United States. If you are a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident residing abroad, your application will be reviewed by a member of the international admission staff but you will be considered as a domestic student for purposes of financial assistance.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY TO VILLANOVA?
You're not alone! From the admission process and our test-optional policy to visiting campus and upcoming events, we've got you covered.