SERVICES AND RESOURCES
DID YOU KNOW? Emergency call boxes are located throughout our campus and parking lot areas in order to provide emergency assistance to the Villanova community. Call boxes offer a direct link to Public Safety to report an emergency or to request a safety escort.
SERVICES AND PROGRAMS
Ride-alongs allow students, faculty, and staff to observe and experience, first-hand, various functions of the Villanova University Public Safety Department. The term “ride-along” includes riding as a passenger with an officer on patrol or observing the work day of members engaged in other functions within the Department. Requests for ride-alongs should be made to Deputy Chief of Police Debra Patch by calling 610-519-6983.
COFFEE WITH A COP
Want to get to know an officer better in a small group setting? Schedule a meeting with an officer.
PIZZA WITH A COP
Having a meeting and want to learn about staying safe on campus? We’ll even buy the pizza! Schedule a meeting with an officer.
MOBILE TREAT UNIT
Mobile Treat Unit service is suspended due to COVID-19.
The Department of Public Safety provides Fingerprinting Services on campus for Villanova community members for employment and volunteering background clearances.
This service is available Monday to Friday, 6:00 am to 9:00 pm.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
When you arrive a Garey Hall and enter the Public Safety entrance (on the County Line Rd. side of the building), go to the Dispatch window.
- You will be asked to complete a small form with some basic information, including your UEID number. The UEID number is provided to you from an email from Idemia/IndentiGO after you successfully registered and paid (via coupon code) online.
- A Public Safety employee will greet you and take you to the fingerprinting room and will ask for the ID you listed when you registered online.
- The Public Safety Employee will then confirm some of the information you submitted.
- Your ID will have the bar-code and/or magstripe swiped, and the ID will be scanned into the system.
- All of your fingerprints will be taken using a special scanner, no ink is used.
- Your photo will be taken so IdentiGO can confirm the ID and the person fingerprinted are the same.
- You will sign an electronic signature device.
- You will receive a receipt and you are done.
Fingerprinting Coupon Codes Request Form (Requests can be made only by HR Representatives, VU Faculty or Staff who oversee programs and activities involving minors.)
Authorized staff can make sure of the Key Request Form. Students should check with their resident assistant, and staff members should contact their department heads for more information.
If you are a faculty or staff member who needs to access a building or room off-hours, please use the Room/Building Opening Request Form.
Public Safety supports on campus events by providing coverage, as necessary. The Special Events Manager coordinates special event staffing and can be reached at 610-519-6987.
Looking for information about parking or transportation on campus? Visit the Parking & Transportation website.
CRIME PREVENTION TIPS
Explore common sense crime prevention tips and find best practices for computer security and online safety.
Public Safety can talk to your group or attend an event to offer info-sessions on the following topics: Theft Prevention, Active Shooter Response, Staying Safe Online, Identity Theft, Sexual Assault Prevention, Dating Violence, Harassment and Stalking, Hate Crimes, RAD Self Defense Program.
The session can also be customized to your needs.