CERTIFICATE IN NURSING EDUCATION
The post-graduate Certificate in Nursing Education is flexible and designed for experienced nurses to add teaching expertise to their clinical experience. It is also designed for nurses seeking academic teaching positions or have clinical roles that include teaching and faculty responsibilities.
The certificate can be completed synchronously online or through a combination of online and on-campus classes. The program of study is built based on the student's needs and designed to accomodate budy schedules and career aspirations. The courses focus on curriculum theory, instructional design and technology, testing and evaluation strategies.
The Certificate in Nursing Education is awarded upon the completion of 12 credits and may be completed in one year. Students have five years to complete requirements for the certificate from first enrollment.
- Completion of online application
- Hold a post-baccalaureate and higher degree from an accredited college or university
- Licensure as an active registered nurse in the U.S.
- Official transcripts from BSN and all post baccalaureate schools
- Two professional reference letters from individuals who can comment on academic and professional abilities
- Personal Statement describing professional goals as a nurse educator
Curriculum in Nursing Education
Principles in Assessment, Measurement & Evaluation in Nursing
Teaching Strategies in Nursing
Select one of the following courses (3 credits each)
Practicum in Teaching Nursing
Advanced Study in Nursing
Clinical Simulation in Healthcare Education
Creative Teaching Strategies in Nursing: Using the Humanities