62nd Annual Theodore L. Reimel Moot Court Competition
Final Round & Awards Ceremony:
Thursday, November 18
John F. Scarpa Hall
Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law
The 62nd Annual Theodore L. Reimel Moot Court Competition is set to begin with preliminary rounds occurring November 8–11 and the round of twelve on November 12. The quarterfinal round will take place on Monday, November 15, with the semifinal round on Wednesday, November 17.
The final round of the competition will take place on Thursday, November 18 at 5:00 p.m. in the Martin G. McGuinn '67 Ceremonial Courtroom (Room 201), followed by the awards ceremony and reception in the Arthur M. Goldberg ’66 Commons. This event is open to the public and will also be livestreamed for those who want to join virtually.
The Theodore L. Reimel Moot Court Competition is an annual intra-school tournament and a hallowed tradition at Villanova Law. Named in honor of the late Theodore L. Reimel, Judge for the Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas from 1953 to 1973, the competition is designed to foster student development in written and oral advocacy through simulated appellate argument.
The judges who will preside over this year’s semifinal round are:
- The Honorable James Gardner Colins ’71, Judge for the Superior Court of Pennsylvania
- The Honorable Megan McCarthy King, Judge for the Superior Court of Pennsylvania
- The Honorable Sheldon K. Rennie ’97, Judge for the Superior Court of Delaware
The judges who will preside over this year’s final round are:
- The Honorable Thomas M. Hardiman, Judge for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- The Honorable Paul B. Matey, Judge for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- The Honorable Stephanie D. Thacker, Judge for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit