Tenth Annual Promoting Diversity in Law School Leadership, 10/29-30
In partnership with
Friday, October 29, 9:00 a.m. – Saturday, October 30, 3:00 p.m.
The Inn at Villanova
Since 2018, Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law and Seattle University School of Law have partnered for the “Promoting Diversity in Law School Leadership Workshop.” The workshop is designed to encourage and assist members of underrepresented groups to pursue deanships and other leadership positions.
The workshop will help participants to:
- Determine whether to pursue a deanship and the right time
- Understand the nuts and bolts of the dean's role
- Prepare to be a successful candidate
- Learn how to negotiate appointment terms and ensure a successful transition
- Determine what other forms of university and law school leadership roles may be a good fit
The two-day workshop will feature sessions led by law school deans from around the country. It takes place on Friday, October 29 and Saturday, October 30 at The Inn at Villanova. Please note, registration is required. Lodging information can be found on the registration page.