Engineering Entrepreneurship Summer Institute (E2SI)
E2SI 2024 is traveling abroad!
- December 15 - Official Application opens
- January 31st -Extended Deadline
- February 15th - Notification of Acceptance
8 Weeks • 16 Credits • One Minor
Open to all majors, not just engineers or technologists, Villanova University’s Engineering Entrepreneurship Summer Institute (E2SI) challenges students to further develop their problem-solving and creative thinking skills while applying fundamental engineering principles. You’ll learn how to take your idea from paper to venture pitch—no technical knowledge required!
Why Engineering Entrepreneurship?
The need for entrepreneurial skills is much broader than the focus on starting on a new enterprise. Employers value self-starters who take initiative, show persistence and demonstrate leadership. These entrepreneurial competencies are invaluable in any career and differentiate students from the competition.
In the E2SI Abroad Panama program, undergraduate students will learn tenants, tools, and frameworks for global innovation and entrepreneurship, preparing them to work in corporate innovation, product development, or in a technology-based startup.
- Understand the principles of existing and emerging technologies such as AI and IOT and how they apply globally
- Study design thinking and how to follow a process for innovating
- Practice customer discovery and how to identify a clear problem or opportunity
- Explore creativity, ideation and concept development
- Prototype and test ideas through customer validation
- Gain practical, hands-on experience in many entrepreneurial activities.
- Build Financial models and business model frameworks
- Develop leadership, business and management skills to run and strengthen any enterprise.
All while being challenged to solve social impact problems in Panama and gaining insight into the Panamanian culture and Panama’s role in international trade. Social impact projects may include working with women founders in the https://canalempresarias.org/ , working with the Panama Canal Authority, or supporting the development of new technology innovation for social good with the National Secretariat for Science, Technology, and Innovation https://www.senacyt.gob.pa/en/#innovacion-en6576374c00f92 .
The curriculum in E2SI has been designed to create a unified, immersive experience for cohorts of students, so the program must be completed in a single summer. EGEN 2100 – EGEN 3100 take place online May 28th through June 28th while EGEN 3200 and EGEN 4100 are held in Panama July 1st through July 19th.