CODE OF CONDUCT
The VSB Mentor Program creates meaningful mentoring relationships for participants, in support of students’ career and professional development goals. In the spirit of Unitas, Veritas and Caritas, we are introducing the VSB Mentor Program Code of Conduct to further support Villanova University’s mission. The VSB Mentor Program Code of Conduct will formalize expectations and gain commitment from participants that professional and respectful behaviors will lead to positive and impactful mentoring experiences.
Mentoring relationship expectations
- Professionalism – I will behave in a way that reflects positively upon my individual reputation and contributes to the VSB Mentor Program’s culture of respect and integrity.
- Conduct – I will maintain clear, appropriate and culturally sensitive boundaries that govern all physical and virtual interactions.
- Inclusion – I will avoid discriminating on any grounds. I will seek to take a respectful and inclusive approach in all interactions, which embraces and explores individual differences.
- Integrity – I will be honest and truthful in my words and actions. I will follow through on commitments.
- Confidentiality – I will honor discussion topics as confidential unless the nature raises legal or health-related concerns.
Violations and Reporting
Conduct violations should be reported in a timely manner to the VSB Mentor Program Director at email@example.com. Participants accept that any breach of conduct may result in separation from the VSB Mentor Program. Inappropriate conduct will not be tolerated.