APPLY TO SBI
Who is eligible to apply?
The Summer Business Institute is designed for:
- Students, undergraduate and master’s level, with non-business majors
- College graduates with non-business degrees
- International students currently matriculated in a full-time academic degree program at an accredited U.S. institution
Applying to SBI
Applications for SBI ’22 are no longer being accepted.
Applications for SBI’23 will be available, beginning December 1. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis once all of the required information and materials are submitted and the most current transcript is received.
* Applying in December? You can start/save the application in December and submit your transcript - including the most recent fall term - when it is available, typically in the early January timeframe.
Application requirements include
- Application Form: the application form can be found in the on-line application portal
- Resume: submit your current, professionally-formatted resume (search “how to write a resume”).
- Official Transcript: you will need to request your official college transcript from each college you have attended – including Villanova University.
- Official transcripts must be requested through the university’s Office of the Registrar (search “how to order a transcript”) and sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Electronic versions are preferred. With the remote work environment, hard copy transcripts may cause a delay in processing applications for review.
- Essay: a 1-2 page essay explaining why you are considering SBI, how SBI can support your goals, and any other factors the SBI admissions committee should take into consideration in evaluating your application.
Students who have been accepted will be asked to submit a non-refundable $500 enrollment deposit (specific deadlines and instructions are provided with the acceptance notice). The deposit is applied towards SBI tuition.
While it is not required, students considering SBI are strongly encouraged to attend an information session/or schedule an appointment to discuss the program further with Trish Burdo, Associate Director, Business Minor Programs at email@example.com.
As a reminder, electronic transcripts are preferred. If you need to submit hard copy documents, they can be mailed to:
Summer Business Institute
Bartley Hall, Suite 1054
800 E Lancaster Avenue
Villanova, Pennsylvania 19085-1678
Attn: Trish Burdo