Family Engagement and Philanthropy
IMPACT OF PARENT GIVING
The generosity of Villanova families plays an integral role in helping to transform the University.
Over the last two decades, parents have generously donated more than $100 million to Villanova, touching every aspect of the student experience through their support for strategic priorities across the University including capital projects, scholarship funds, Student Life initiatives and so much more.
The office of Family Engagement and Philanthropy invites every parent to consider the impact their giving might have at Villanova and to make a gift to an area that would be meaningful for their family.
The Villanova Parent Ambassador program offers families a way to get to know Villanova by fostering communication between the University and parents of undergraduate students. Ambassadors serve as well-informed representatives of the University and share their time and philanthropic support to advance Villanova’s strategic priorities and strengthen the experience of current students.
Parent Ambassadors support Villanova by:
- Serving as the core group of parents responsible for promoting a strong parent community
- Attending an in-person meeting over Family Weekend (fall semester) and a virtual meeting (spring semester) each academic year
- Making a gift each year of $5,000 or more, which includes automatic enrollment in the President’s Club gift society
Parents Executive Committee
The Parents Executive Committee’s purpose is to provide a parental perspective on University matters to Villanova’s executive and senior leaders, as well as to share professional expertise and philanthropic resources to help advance the University’s overall goals. The Committee is comprised of parents of current Villanova undergraduate students and strives for representation from diverse geographic areas and all four of the University’s traditional undergraduate colleges. Membership is limited to 30 households and invitations are typically extended each spring.
Participation on the Parents Executive Committee is an important and valued responsibility. Committee members:
- Act as well-informed and knowledgeable ambassadors for the University
- Attend two Committee meetings annually
- Include the University among their family’s top philanthropic priorities
- Participate in University events on campus and regionally
- Assist with University initiatives as needed, such as hosting events, providing testimonials for use in printed materials and offering internships to Villanova students
There are many ways for parents to participate in the Villanova community. Parents are encouraged to attend campus events, cheer on our Wildcat athletes, enjoy student performances and provide non-financial resources like job or internship opportunities.
- New to Villanova? Visit Student Life's website for parents, and be sure to mark your calendar for Family Weekend—a fall tradition you won't want to miss!
- Check out our Annual Events Calendar and plan a visit to campus.
- Purchase tickets for Athletics and Student Performances.
- Mentor students through the NovaNetwork.
- Recruit students or graduates to your workplace.
- Check out events taking place in your home community, organized by your local Villanova Regional Club. Parents are always welcome!