Engineering Entrepreneurship Summer Institute (E2SI)
7 Weeks • 16 Credits • One Minor
Open to all majors, not just engineers or technologists, Villanova University’s Engineering Entrepreneurship Summer Institute (E2SI) challenges students to further develop their problem-solving and creative thinking skills while applying fundamental engineering principles. You’ll learn how to take your idea from paper to prototype—no technical knowledge required!
Why Engineering Entrepreneurship?
The need for entrepreneurial skills is much broader than the focus on starting on a new enterprise. Employers value self-starters who take initiative, show persistence and demonstrate leadership. These entrepreneurial competencies are invaluable in any career and differentiate students from the competition.
- Gain practical, hands-on experience in many entrepreneurial activities.
- Develop and implement solutions necessary to transform ideas into action.
- Identify and manage risks through analysis, problem solving, creativity and flexibility.
- Develop leadership, business and management skills to run and strengthen any enterprise.
- Understand the principles of existing and emerging technologies and how they apply globally.
- Submit a patent application on your idea.
- Gain a competitive advantage in the job market.