Once accepted as a student, please reset your password. This password will be used for MyNova, Email, Blackboard, and any other single sign on page at the University.
VU Play FAQs
- My system was connected to VUPlay before registration and it cannot connect to the wireless.
- I registered my laptop on the VUPlay network but I can’t access the Internet
- What are the approved systems for the VUPlay network?
- How do I connect my Chromecast or Wireless Printer to VU Play?
- How many devices can I have registered at once?
- What type of security does the VUPlay network use?
- My Roku device is getting “Error 014” messages and won’t connect.
- What if I need help?
First, verify your system is registered with the correct MAC address. Then disconnect your system from the network and wait 5 minutes before trying again.
VUPlay is for approved gaming and streaming systems only.
Sony Playstation, Nintendo Wii and Gameboy, and Microsoft Xbox gaming systems, as well as Smart TVs and streaming devices such as Apple TVs, Roku devices and Amazon FireTV.
At this time Chromecast and Wireless printers are not supported.
You may have a maximum of 5 devices registered at once
You may need to disable network pings. See here for instructions.