Summer Student Employment with the Office of Conference Services at Villanova University
1. Watch the video above to see and hear what summer student jobs with Villanova University's Office of Conference Services are all about.
2. Read through the information below and review our three job descriptions to see which position(s) might match your skills and interests.
3. Select the correct application link(s) below and submit an application!
The application period for Summer 2020 is now closed!
Applications were accepted here from February 26, 2020 through March 27, 2020. Summer positions are open to Villanova students as well as students from other colleges and universities, but please note separate application links below. Thank you for your interest!
Employment Opportunities for Summer Student Staff
Conference Services employs a temporary staff from mid-May to early August. The summer staff will work in reservations and operations functions for conference, camp and guest groups using Villanova’s meeting, dining, housing, catering, and recreation facilities.
- Staff Selection Timeline - View the hiring and employment timeline below. It lists the dates for recruiting, training, and the operations schedule and will allow you to see if our season fits your schedule prior to applying for a position.
- Apply online – The application period for Summer 2020 is now closed. Online applications for Summer 2020 were available and accepted here starting on February 26, 2020 through March 27, 2020. Thank you for your interest in joining our summer team!
Important! You must select the correct application link(s) below or your application(s) will not be processed. Villanova students, only use the links for Villanova students. Non-Villanova students, only use the links for non-Villanova students.
If you are interested in applying for multiple positions (for example, Conference Assistant and Shift Leader), you must complete a separate application for each position.
IMPORTANT: Do not apply if you do not have a valid US drivers license. Valid US drivers license required for employment.
Villanova students - use these application links only:
- Shift Leader (Villanova students)
- Conference Assistant (Villanova students)
- Service Desk Assistant (Villanova students)
Non-Villanova students - use these application links only:
- Shift Leader (non-Villanova students)
- Conference Assistant (non-Villanova students)
- Service Desk Assistant (non-Villanova students)
Strong hospitality skills, a solid work ethic and a valid USA driver’s license are required. All offers of employment are based upon successful completion of background screening checks.
2020 Timeline for Staff Selection Process*
to March 27
|Applications accepted; Interviews scheduled via e-mail|
to April 3
|Interviews conducted (Monday through Friday only)|
|April 10||Position offers go out via e-mail|
||Acceptance e-mails/letters due back to OCS|
|April 23 and April 24||Employment Paperwork Meetings
(Mandatory scheduled in-person sessions for all hired staff)
|May 11-14||Shift Leader Training|
|May 13-14||Service Desk Assistant Training|
||Staff to move into OCS Housing|
||All-Staff Training begins (Shift Leaders, Conference Assistants and Service Desk Assistants)|
|May 24||Conference Operations begin|
||Last Day of Employment with OCS;
Final move-out day for staff
* Dates subject to change. Any changes and updates will be posted on this website.
With any questions about our summer student staff positions and the application and hiring process, please contact us via e-mail.