Learn more about what we do in the Center for Global and Public Health by adding your name to our list to receive Nexus, our e-newsletter.
Center for Global & Public Health
Launched in 2010, the Center extends the College’s engagement in global health studies and research that address the health-related factors important to the quality of life in various regions of the world and among various populations in our own country.
Let's Talk COVID-19
The Center for Global and Public Health has launched "Let's Talk COVID-19" - a talk show by nurses that relies on an interdisciplinary approach to assure that the audience has the most current information of this unfolding illness and its impact on patient and public health. Register below to watch live episodes scheduled for 2pm EST Wednesday, March 25, April 1, April 8 and April 15.
The mission of the Center for Global and Public Health is to leverage the interdisciplinary expertise, resources and scholarly endeavors of Villanova University and its partners to serve as a locus for integrative and experiential educational experiences that examine the relationships between biological, cultural, political, and socioeconomic factors that influence health and illness worldwide.
To advance the mission, the Center develops domestic and international partnerships that facilitate learning and inquiry. Its focus on interdisciplinary collaboration is designed to provide a comprehensive approach to understanding the complex health needs and challenges of populations.
The Center’s activities include:
- Serving as a resource for the campus, public, and professional community.
- Sponsoring and participating in lectures, symposiums, and conferences that address public and global health issues.
- Expanding public and global health perspectives in the nursing curriculum.
- Creating opportunities for interdisciplinary learning experiences through courses and internships with public and global health focus.
- Stimulating awareness and understanding of critical public and global health issues.
- Facilitating and coordinating health-related activities and service experiences.
- Promoting visiting scholars to teach and conduct research on public and global health issues in collaboration with Villanova faculty and students.