The Villanova University M. Louise Fitzpatrick College of Nursing, in 2009, reviewed and updated the College’s objectives or goals for the next ten years. The faculty approved the updated goals in 2009. These goals were deemed to be congruent with the 2009 updating of the Villanova University’s Strategic Plan, “Inspiring the Mind, Igniting the Heart, Illuminating the Spirit” and with the University’s mission and strategic initiatives. The goals provide a framework for the College’s Strategic Plan.
- To serve the health needs of society through the education of competent nurses prepared at the undergraduate and graduate levels and through the provision of continuing education for practicing nurses all of whom value evidence-based practice.
- To enhance the intellectual life and scholarly productivity of the College of Nursing and contribute to the improvement of healthcare through research and scholarly work.
- To assure quality in instruction and student performance.
- To provide leadership to the profession in the area of ethics, human values, and spiritual dimensions of health care.
- To ensure the economic viability of the College through cost effective operations and increased extramural funding.
- To contribute to the goals of the university in the areas of academic excellence, technology, faculty development, student life, and service to the internal and external communities.
- To foster a spirit of collaboration, community, and respect within the context of Catholic, Augustinian values.
- To encourage professionalism among students through academic and co-curricular activities.
- To continue to implement global and international health experiences with diverse populations and cultures.