The Fitzpatrick College of Nursing, a National League for Nursing Center of Excellence in Nursing Education, enjoys a reputation across the country and the globe for its superior programs and graduates. Driscoll Hall supports its initiatives including student learning in technology-driven clinical simulation labs and enhancing an environment for teaching and scholarship. It provides an atmosphere that stimulates advancing the future of nursing. Additionally, this environmentally-friendly building provides space for University events.
The 75,500 sq. ft. building includes:
- a 200-seat auditorium and a 200-seat lecture hall
- seminar rooms and classrooms
- future-oriented clinical simulation labs for health assessment, adult health, maternal/child health, anesthesia, and critical care
- simulation labs for "standardized patient" observation and testing
- a center for nursing research and scholarship
- a reading room that also houses Nursing’s historical collection
- space for prayer and reflection
- space for global health studies
- space for international student activities
- spaces for student, faculty and alumni events and social interaction
- office space for faculty work, student organizations and administrative support
- a courtyard
Collaborating with our colleagues, we will continue to develop distinguished nursing alumni through our undergraduate and graduate programs, as well as our continuing education programming, that will influence health care in all parts of the globe. The future is bright.