Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I change my address?

In order to change your address, a student can complete the web form for address change, call the Registrar's Office (610-519-4032), fax in a change (610-519-4033) or write to us at Office of the Registrar, Villanova University, 800 Lancaster Ave, Villanova, PA 19085. To ensure the security of your records, you are required to supply us with a photo ID and indicate which address you are changing. Your home address is the address where the University sends bills and other similar official letters. During the semester, the University sends student related information to your campus post office box, or to your local off campus address.

Back to Top

How do I order an enrollment verification?

Villanova University has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) to provide current enrollment verifications. NSC will also provide degree verification for degrees granted in 1986 or later. Using the NSC is the quickest way to obtain an enrollment verification.

In addition, verification of enrollment or graduation can be requested from the Registrar's Office by completing the on-line Enrollment Verification form, mail, fax (610-519-4033), phone (610-519-4032) or in person. Generally, this request can be completed in less than a week. Forms requiring completion by the Registrar's Office can be dropped off in Kennedy 205 or mailed to the Office of the Registrar, Villanova University, 800 Lancaster Ave, Villanova, PA 19085.

Back to Top

How do I order a transcript of my academic record?

Official transcripts are obtainable through the Registrar's Office, Suite 205, Kennedy Hall. A request for an official transcript must be made by the student on line through their myNOVA student accounts or via Transcripts Plus.   Go to Transcript Requests for further instructions.

Although we suggest that students allow one week for the transcript process, most requests are filled within one working day of their receipt. Transcripts cannot be produced for students whose accounts with the Bursar's Office are not clear and those students will be notified.

Back to Top

How do I adjust my schedule for an upcoming semester?

Your advisor must approve any adjustment to your schedule (with the exception of a change in course section). Your advisor will issue you a Registration PIN each semester that entitles you to register or adjust your schedule in myNova. You may use this Registration PIN through the end of drop/add each semester. If you have any questions about your course choices during the registration and course adjustment period we strongly encourage you to consult with your advisor even if you have already obtained the Registration PIN. In myNova you will only be able to registrar for open courses in which you meet any student restrictions.

Back to Top

How can I find out which courses are available each semester?

In order to check for course availability, we recommend that you use the Schedule of Classes located here on our web site.

Back to Top

Can I register for a closed course or a restricted course?

Once a course is closed only the chairperson of the department can grant permission to register for that course. Permission is only granted in special circumstances. Permission cannot be granted by the faculty member teaching the course or by any member of the Registrar's Office staff. Similarly, if a course has restrictions (e.g. open only to students in a certain major), the chairperson of the department offering the course is the only person who can allow you to enter the course.

Back to Top

What happens to Incomplete ("N") Grades?

"N" grades must be replaced by the instructor according to the following schedule:

Fall Semester

  • Students must submit all work to the instructor by the last Friday in January.
  • Grade changes must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar by the second Friday in February.

Spring Semester

  • Students must submit all work to the instructor by the last Friday in June.
  • Grade changes must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar by the second Friday in July.

Summer Sessions

  • New grade must be received by Registrar within thirty days after the end of the Summer Session.

Unless the dean authorizes an extension, an "N" that is not replaced before the deadline becomes an "NF" grade and is computed as an "F" in the GPA.

Back to Top

How is a grade changed?

The instructor must submit a written or online "grade change" request, with the appropriate approvals. When an approved grade change is received by the Registrar's Office, the new grade is posted to the student's academic record. A student can view her or his grades on-line where a new grade will replace the original grade.  The student will also receive an email that a grade change has been made.

Back to Top

I earned my degree during the Summer (or Fall term). What happens to me?

  • Students who complete degree requirements in the summer receive degrees dated September 1.
  • Students who complete requirements during the Fall Semester receive degrees dated December 31.
  • The appropriate Dean's Office notifies the Registrar when degree requirements are completed.
  • As soon as this authorization is received, the degree is posted to the student's academic record and the student may then order a final transcript.
  • At the same time, the Registrar's Office orders a diploma from the engraver. 
  • If the graduate's account with the Bursar's Office is clear, the diploma is mailed directly to the graduate from the engraver.  It can take up to 4 weeks for a diploma to be prepared and mailed to the graduate.
  • September and December graduates are invited to return for the Commencement ceremony in May.

Back to Top

How can I obtain a copy of my son or daughter's grades?

The University does not release grades to parents. The sharing of grades between parents and the student is a family matter. See our confidentiality policy.

Back to Top

What is the definition of an Academic Year?

Villanova University’s academic year follows a semester calendar consisting of fall and spring semesters.

The academic year consists of class days and examination days. Each semester consists of 15 weeks. Registration, advising, and orientation periods prior to each semester vary in length, according to the requirements for the semester. Dates are shown in the academic calendar. Typical class periods are either fifty or seventy-five minutes long. The average student enrolls in 12 to 18 credits per semester.

Summer Sessions
In addition to the two semesters, two four-week summer sessions and one eight week summer session are offered each summer. Some classes are offered for different enrollment periods during these eight weeks. The Summer Sessions offer a wide range of courses at all levels. The Summer Schedule of Courses is published by the Registrar’s office; the most current calendar  is found by accessing the Registrar’s home page.

Back to Top

What happens with my Advanced Placement scores?

Students should request that the College Board send AP scores to Villanova University (our code is 2959).  AP scores are received electronically by the Registrar's Office and processed at the time of student enrollment.  Credit is awarded according to each college's AP Credit policy.  Most AP scores for incoming freshmen reach Villanova by mid-July, if they were ordered at the time the student sat for the AP exam.  Scores requested directly from the College Board typically arrive within a week of the order.  AP credits appear in the "Transfer Credit" area of the student record.

Back to Top

Contact Us

Office of the Registrar
St. Mary Hall, Suite 109
Phone: 610.519.4030
Fax: 610.519.4033

Meet Our Staff

May 2024 Degree Candidates:
All degrees with the conferral date of May 31, 2024 are expected to be posted by June 21, 2024.

Office Relocation
The Office of the Registrar has moved offices from Kennedy Hall Room 205 to St. Mary Hall, Suite 109.