Pre-College Summer Academy
Villanova University College of Professional Studies educates learners of all ages, including high school students and those preparing to enter college. Villanova's Pre-College Summer Academy allows high school students and incoming college freshmen the opportunity to have a unique and exciting pre-college educational experience.
Explore all college has to offer during our four-week summer program! This immersive program is designed to introduce students to the multifaceted experience of attending college.
Exceptional high school juniors and seniors, as well as incoming college freshmen, can choose between two options:
- 3 + 1 Option: Select one three-credit course taught by esteemed Villanova faculty and alongside current undergraduate students. This college-level classroom experience is augmented with PCAC 1000: College Pathways, a 1-credit college preparatory course, with assignment specifically to prepare students for successful college life.
- PCAC 1000 Option: Students have the option to enroll solely in the college preparatory course.
July 1 - July 29, 2024
THREE-CREDIT COURSE OPTIONS MAY INCLUDE:
• COM 1000: Survey of Communication Studies
• COM 1000: Public Speaking
• EDU 3251: Psychology of Teaching & Learning
• ENG 1975: Core Literature and Writing Seminar
• SAR 2113: The Charm of Music
• THL 1000: Global Religious Experience
...and more! This list is subject to change as courses are finalized.
If you are interested in a course not available as part of our Pre-College Summer Academy, learn more about our single-course offerings for high school scholars.
PCAC 1000 TOPIC EXAMPLES
Metacognition + The Science of Studying
Navigating the Financial Landscape of College
Academic Advising 101 + Logic of Curriculum
Finding your Agency in College
PCAC 1000: College Pathways
In this program, students will work closely with academic advisors and have access to support services across campus. Through the holistic and intentional curriculum of PCAC 1000: College Pathways, students will learn and practice various academic, social, professional and intrapersonal skills to help them succeed both in and out of the classroom.
- Gain an understanding of the expectations and practice the necessary skills to be successful before you enter college
Explore different majors and how they translate to potential careers
Learn how to engage with professors and peers within a vibrant campus community
Freedom to experience and participate in campus activities with current undergraduates
- Build an internal inventory of the available resources to draw upon when you are in college
- Work on a culminating final project demonstrating the interdisciplinary learning that took place throughout the summer
TUITION AND APPLICATION
3+1 Option: $3,160 (4 credits - see Tuition & Fees information)
PCAC 1000 Option: $790
Payment in full is due at time of acceptance.
*Application, acceptance or participation in the Pre-College Summer Academy does not guarantee acceptance or preferential treatment for students applying for future admission to Villanova University.
Application Requirements for the Pre-College Summer Academy:
- Fill out the Pre-College Summer Academy Application
* Post-Secondary Education (Write high school name)
* Must select Pre-College Summer Academy within the application
- Personal statement (short essay prompt)
- Parent Permission Letter stating permission to take classes at Villanova. (upload to application)
- Letter of Recommendation
- Official High School Transcript (sent directly from the school to email@example.com)
Or mail to: Patricia Ertwine,
CPS Villanova University
800 E Lancaster Ave
Villanova, PA 19085
- Pre-payment required
- 3+1 Option: $3,160 for 4 credits plus the general fee. See Summer 2024 tuition rates. Housing options are available through the
Office of Residence life.
- PCAC 1000 Option: $790
VALUE OF THE SUMMER ACADEMY
Enhance your resume.
Summer Academy courses provide new skills to add to your resume or college application, while exploring future academic pathways.
Expand your network.
Communicating and building relationships with classmates and faculty scholars can open new doors for your future.
Learn from distinguished faculty.
All programs are taught by experienced Villanova faculty who are dedicated teacher-scholars and among the most distinguished in their fields.